HVSBob says

#1_SignalPosted 6/29/2014 7:41:57 PM
Would Conduit 3: Spheres be the next great arena shooter? - Results (29 votes)
Yes, and the best competitive game on the WiiU
65.52% (19 votes)
No, but the best competitive game on the WiiU
10.34% (3 votes)
I need to see the reticlies first
24.14% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
HVSBob says:

From time to time I daydream about a game where nobody complains that the game is cheap or unfair or unbalanced. Where anyone who asserts the playing field is not level is summarily called out for it and shamed. Then I think about what it would take to make such an 'ultra hardcore' mode.

* No lock-on ("Big deal, the game just aimed for you!")
* No radar ("Of course it's easy when you can see exactly where I am!")
* No custom player models ("Pfft, you picked the character that's hard to hit!")
* No custom player colors ("Dude, you're way harder to see than I am!")
* Perfectly symmetrical maps ("Red has no chance to defend that map anyway!")
* No upgrades ("You can [take more damage/do more damage/run faster/carry more ammo/etc. ad infinitum for however many upgrades there are] than I can! I call B.S. on whatever special abilities you happened to have this time!")
* No experience points or levels ("You outrank me! Your rank was misleading!")
* No one hit kill weapons ("Lucky shot!")
* No damage with an area of effect (That shot didn't hit me! You didn't even have to aim at me! You hurt yourself too; that shouldn't count!")
* All hit-scan weapons ("Get a real gun!")
* No gametypes other than free-for-all deathmatch ("My team sucks! Teams are uneven! Nobody knows how to do the objective!")
* No jumping, sprinting, crouching, or other forms or speeds of locomotion other than running ("Bunnyhopper!")
* No melee, grenades, environmental hazards, or other causes of damage other than main weapons ("Cheap kill!")
* Players can only join games with a ping is under 10 ms ("Lag!")
* Two-player matches only ("He stole my kill! The other players went easy on you! I'd have won if I weren't damaged from the last fight!")
* All weapons look the same ("These iron sights suck! My weapon's easier to spot than yours!")
* All players carry the same, single weapon, which produces a continuous stream of damage. It fires instantly when the trigger is pulled, and has infinite ammunition, range, and accuracy. The projectile travels infinitely fast, is not affected by gravity, and deals direct damage only. ("This weapon's fire rate/reload rate/range/clip size/firing modes/charge time/projectile size/blast radius/inaccuracy makes it fundamentally superior or inferior to the one you were using! That's a noob weapon!")
* Character models are spheres with no animation ("I totally hit you, your hitboxes are just way off!" You moved in a weird, unnatural way!")
* All map textures are the same solid neutral color with no lighting, specularity, or other effects ("Your machine renders components of the world better than mine can! (for PC games) You were hiding in the shadows! The sun was in my eyes! I couldn't track you because that part of the map looks weird!")
* The maps are infinite, featureless flat planes ("You were just camping in a good spot! You had the high ground! You had the low ground! You were in the corner! You were in the window! That piece of cover is cheap!" The stairs threw off my aim!")

Anything else wouldn't be a true, unfettered test of skill, right? All that other junk they put in shooters is just fluff that dilutes or interferes with the core mechanics. ;)

And to anyone who replies "well, at least if they did that there wouldn't be any more bunnyhopping lol," or similar, you are so, so missing the point. :P
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/29/2014 7:55:21 PM
This post is a full 100% win.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#3CynralKynathelPosted 6/29/2014 8:02:52 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
This post is a full 100% win.

Seconded
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. I have veteran SCARs. Heheheh.
#4Player991817Posted 6/29/2014 8:04:05 PM
11 votes so far. Nice.
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#5LigersRulePosted 6/29/2014 8:51:26 PM
Are you really this attention starved? Do you need approval this much? The fact that you made this topic in the first place is really quite sad. And it also proves that you haven't actually read a single word of what any of us have said.

Also, Sig, you've personally told me in the past that you've voted on polls with multiple accounts to skew results. I can screenshot the PM if you want. But you're one of the main reasons that polls on this website are worthless.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/29/2014 9:03:40 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
Are you really this attention starved? Do you need approval this much? The fact that you made this topic in the first place is really quite sad. And it also proves that you haven't actually read a single word of what any of us have said.

Also, Sig, you've personally told me in the past that you've voted on polls with multiple accounts to skew results. I can screenshot the PM if you want. But you're one of the main reasons that polls on this website are worthless.

Why are you attacking people?

Also, you can't vote with multiple accounts, you have to use different IPs, and you usually don't need multiple accounts to do so.

I doubt there is a person here who hasn't tried voting on polls more than once.

And...
Its uncouth to bring up things said in private conversation as leverage in public.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7Player991817Posted 6/29/2014 8:57:38 PM
LigersRule posted...
Also, Sig, you've personally told me in the past that you've voted on polls with multiple accounts to skew results.But you're one of the main reasons that polls on this website are worthless.

I concur.
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#8CynralKynathelPosted 6/29/2014 9:10:18 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
LigersRule posted...

Why are you attacking people?

Also, you can't vote with multiple accounts, you have to use different IPs, and you usually don't need multiple accounts to do so.

I doubt there is a person here who hasn't tried voting on polls more than once.

And...
Its uncouth to bring up things said in private conversation as leverage in public.

Everybody seems a little pissy on this board nowadays. Also, Lig, if you're gonna make a poll you should never do it on Gamefaqs. That's just plain stupid.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. I have veteran SCARs. Heheheh.
#9SuperMario_5Posted 6/29/2014 9:28:33 PM
"I need to see the reticlies first" - 1 vote

The enemy is attacking!
---
http://i.imgur.com/bq55j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mBhlX.jpg
#10B05S_P4GPosted 6/29/2014 9:37:53 PM
LigersRule posted...

No chill.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | EMERGENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH2kIFwdjI