We should all try to:

#51xXAISPXxPosted 7/28/2014 5:55:38 AM
LigersRule posted...
Did any of you guys try the Destiny beta? It's probably the closest anybody is going to get to Halo in a long time. RJ, Ches and I played some on the PS3, and I'm completely hooked. It's one of the funnest games I've ever played, and that was just the beta.

I did play Destiny on the 360, and I talked to Ches about it.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#52xXAISPXxPosted 7/28/2014 5:59:46 AM(edited)
Destiny reminded me of Conduit 2, for some reason.

http://youtu.be/9wegC5RhkSM
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#53drophyghostPosted 7/28/2014 9:56:09 AM
Player991817 posted...
drophyghost posted...
Cube 2... After watching your video, I totally want to play it (mainly to make maps, heh) but I know nothing about the game... So I should make some research on it... Does anyone else here plays it? :o

I got Sig to download it, so that she could see the progress of the map a while ago. Cheat also has it, but he's not around.

The mechanics are pretty simple and the good thing is that there's a co-op edit mode, where other people can help you. If you want to take the solo-route, you'll have to read a lot, and memorize some of the commands (went that way; it's hard, but rewarding).

Other than make maps and play it like an FPS (CTF, base capture, TDM, etc), I find things like racing to be fun, so it's entertaining. And it can run on a potato, so that's good.

Whoa, thatīs great! (Specially that last detail, lol). Co-op edit mode also sounds great :D
Iīll check it out once I get my pc repaired (bluescreens everywhere! D:) ^ ^
---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#54drophyghostPosted 7/28/2014 10:06:26 AM
Derppopotamus posted...
drophyghost posted...
"Fistful of Frags can run on a toaster."
idk if my pc is as good as a toaster.... But I guess I could give it a shot ^ ^
I need to get rid o BLR for that, tho... Iīll do so soon, probably...

If you were running Blacklight, you'll surely be able to handle Fistful of Frags. It's a cowboy FPS, and it's so much fun. Symph, Drift and Khmer have been playing the heck out of it. It started out as a mod of Half-Life 2, and now the HL2 devs gave them the thumbs up to put it on their platform.

The fps where terrible for me in Blacklight, tho... Does having too little memory/space/whatever in the pc affect the way the game runs? Cuz thatīs like the only thing that has changed in my pc since I got the game, and I donīt recall the fps being so bad back then as they were last time I played....

And, yeah, I kinda know the game; Iīve seen some of Driftīs and Khmerīs videos of it... I think you where in some of those o.o
Iīve the feeling Iīll be terrible at it, but itīs ok as long as I get to play with you, Drift, Khmer, etc... ^ ^
---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#55LigersRulePosted 7/28/2014 12:03:52 PM
xXAISPXx posted...

http://youtu.be/9wegC5RhkSM

It's got a lot of simularities. I mean, it's a Sci-fy FPS made by the makers of Halo, and like it or not Conduit took a lot of influences from Halo.

I'd say Destiny is like halfway between Conduit and Borderlands, in terms of Gameplay, but much better atmosphere than either. It's kinda too soon to say about the Story.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#56CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/28/2014 12:21:23 PM
Why is Prometheus in an octahedron?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#57LigersRulePosted 7/28/2014 12:43:55 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

That's... Well, I was going to say that's not Prometheus, but... Well, he pretty much is. THE DIFFERENCE, though, is that instead of Kevin Sorbo (and whoever the crap butchered the character in Conduit 2), the Ghost in Destiny is voiced by Peter Dinklage, of Game of Thrones and X-men: Days of Future Past fame.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#58B05S_BrennanPosted 7/28/2014 1:46:51 PM
xXAISPXx posted...

The multiplayer reminded me of C2. I found the health to be high enough that firefights don't feel like they're about who sees who first, yet don't drag out too long either, which is something I loved about C2. Also, you have a lot of movement and evasion options like in C2.

LigersRule posted...
It's got a lot of simularities. I mean, it's a Sci-fy FPS made by the makers of Halo, and like it or not Conduit took a lot of influences from Halo.

The Conduit was basically a poor man's Halo in my opinion, but C2 played very differently from Halo. High health and science fiction are the only things C2 and Halo really had in common.
---
||C2 FC: 0691-9553-5915||
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan
#59LigersRulePosted 7/28/2014 3:02:04 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
The Conduit was basically a poor man's Halo in my opinion, but C2 played very differently from Halo. High health and science fiction are the only things C2 and Halo really had in common.

Everything you said in the first paragraph, the ways that Destiny felt like C2, were all things that were in the Bungie Halo games :/

You can't just say Destiny feels like C2, and then describe a bunch of things from Halo, and then say that C2 doesn't play like Halo. I mean, Destiny is basically Halo in pseudo-MMO form, and that's a fantastic thing.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#60CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/28/2014 5:15:58 PM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

That's... Well, I was going to say that's not Prometheus, but... Well, he pretty much is. THE DIFFERENCE, though, is that instead of Kevin Sorbo (and whoever the crap butchered the character in Conduit 2), the Ghost in Destiny is voiced by Peter Dinklage, of Game of Thrones and X-men: Days of Future Past fame.

I like Sorbo better, Which is saying a lot, because this obviously has a lot better polish.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656