Let's play a game: Conduit 2 Map Hurt or Heal

#51CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/18/2014 7:21:48 PM
LigersRule posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Also, is it possible to heal two separate and not hurt one at all? Just wondering.

No. The point of disallowing things like that is that it could make the game go on forever. If everyone could double heal streets all day and not hurt anything, then nothing would ever get done.

With a hurt/heal or a hurt/hurt, either progress is made toward the end of a game or it's not. But if you do a double hurt, it would actually revert progress in the game.

I didn't come up with the hurt/heal format. It's one of the biggest GameFAQs forum games there are. I've never seen one allow a double heal. All turns REQUIRE you to hurt something, so that this game isn't infinite.

No, not a double heal on one map, but on TWO maps, for example.

Heal Streets, Heal Whiteout.

That's what I meant, not 2x heal Streets.
---
GT: SouL C Mo
Still making montages for Conduit 2. Somehow. lol
#52_SignalPosted 8/18/2014 7:49:27 PM
Heal Streets and hurt Avalanche.

New score including Aiden:

Abyss: 6
Agartha: 9
Avalanche: 9
Crash Site: 7
Dig Site: 3
Lost city: 8
Pentagon: 7
Precipice: 9
Sanctum: 10
Serenity: 10
Streets:7
Whiteout: 11

---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#53CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/18/2014 7:56:46 PM
Well, I guess since Lig won't reply, I'll do this, double hurt Precipice.
---
#54LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 8:11:59 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

I was replying to the concept, not to the exact statement. No. Every turn must include a hurt of some kind, otherwise the game could literally go on infinitely
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#55CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/18/2014 8:56:05 PM
LigersRule posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

I was replying to the concept, not to the exact statement. No. Every turn must include a hurt of some kind, otherwise the game could literally go on infinitely

Not sure how it could if its two separate things honestly, because you can downvote something by two, but whatever.

Also, no need to be rude Lig, that was uncalled for.
---
#56drophyghostPosted 8/18/2014 11:35:31 PM
Hurt Sanctum and heal Crash Site

New score including Cmo:

Abyss: 6
Crash Site: 8
Dig Site: 3
Precipice: 7
Sanctum: 9

---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#57LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:03:41 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Not sure how it could if its two separate things honestly, because you can downvote something by two, but whatever.

Also, no need to be rude Lig, that was uncalled for.

Cmo, I don't think you understand the point. When the game began, there were 120 points total. If somebody could double heal or heal one, heal another, there would be 122 after the first turn. That number could keep going up until infinity, until everything was at 1,000,000 health. And that's not the point of the game. The game is an elimination game. The game isn't meant to build up your favorite maps, its to tear your least favorite down. Turns are invalid if they add points to the overall total. Turns are valid either when they keep the overall value the same by redistributing points (hurt 1/heal 1) or points were taken away (either hurt 1/hurt 1 or hurt 2)

I'm trying to explain the concept of the game to you, Cmo. I didn't invent this. This game has been around since before I even had my GameFAQs account (which is almost 7 years).

Also, I wasn't trying to be rude. I tried to bold the concept, so that it made more sense. Because I don't know how better to explain it. If any turns with [heal 1/heal 1] or [heal 2] was allowed, the game could go on infinitely. Those options are banned so that the game can have an end. It's a fairly easy concept to grasp.

If you took that as being rude, that's your problem. I'm using my time to type this to try and explain to you why those moves are disallowed. If you ask me, that's being kind.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#58LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:04:48 AM
Anyway, my turn. Hurt Abyss, heal Dig Site. Dig Site isn't my favorite map, but it doesn't deserve to be the first out.

Abyss: 5
Crash Site: 8
Dig Site: 4
Precipice: 7
Sanctum: 9

---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#59CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/19/2014 1:58:36 AM
Its a terrible game either way.

Should try an alternative sometime, where there's an upper limit, instead of a lower limit.

I think it would be a whole lot more fulfilling, and friendly.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#60LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 2:07:06 AM(edited)
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Its a terrible game either way.

Should try an alternative sometime, where there's an upper limit, instead of a lower limit.

I think it would be a whole lot more fulfilling, and friendly.

It's a standard. One of the epitome of forum games, up there with corrupt-a-wish and three words at a time stories.

I like H&H a lot. It's fun and generates activity. But if you don't like it, feel free to ignore the topic. I won't be offended.

Edit: Also, wouldn't a game where you award points basically just be a poll, except with multiple votes per user?
---
*Insert 25 wit here*