why did they shut off online?!?! T.T

#1The_Mad_KittenPosted 8/16/2014 11:42:45 PM
So... I was looking through my YouTube account and I found these videos of me playing. So, I grabbed Consult 2 and popped that sucker right in to the Wii to relive some old, great memories. I was eccentric to learn that the disc still operated correctly... But when I attempted online multiplayer it shot me a quick note saying : "The multiplayer has been discontinued", or something among those lines. That blow felt like a Phase Rifle bolt to the chest, just like I did with good ol' 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ. I have not talked to anybody in here in a while... But nice to see you all again. I will try to be on this board as regularly as possible! And also, are my home boys still here?!?!

Thanks you, and with all regards I hope to see you all again,
Venonat
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. [O$C]Venonat FC:3526_4745_6745. NO ONE PARTIES HARDER(/^o^)/I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ-3DS FC: 3952 7491 4243- add me.
#2LigersRulePosted 8/17/2014 12:01:31 AM(edited)
Is this the first you've heard of it? Nintendo discontinued online functionality for all games back in May. There's a bunch of different reports why, such as their contract expiring, but that hardly matters.

The only games with servers online are games that operated on 3rd party servers. I believe CoD is one of those. Not sure how many others.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#3CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/17/2014 2:15:35 AM
LigersRule posted...
The only games with servers online are games that operated on 3rd party servers. I believe CoD is one of those. Not sure how many others.

GoldenEye is another, but I think that's it.
---
GT: SouL C Mo
Still making montages for Conduit 2. Somehow. lol
#4Player991817Posted 8/17/2014 4:52:29 AM
I have checked, and no, your "homeboys" are not here.
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n ~ Sanctum Prime | http://bit.do/sanctum
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL ~ http://i.imgur.com/8ydtz.jpg
#5The_Mad_Kitten(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 11:16:57 AM
So that is it, no more online? So there is no purpose of owning the game anymore is there...? Or is there a way where we can all play... because I saw Cmo's videos! Also, yes... I haven't played in forever so this is the first time that I was notified of this!! D: D: :(
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. [O$C]Venonat FC:3526_4745_6745. NO ONE PARTIES HARDER(/^o^)/I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ-3DS FC: 3952 7491 4243- add me.
#6The_Mad_Kitten(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 11:25:02 AM
...wow that message is riddled with errors! I am very sorry for that, but my typing skills on my tablet aren't exactly exquisite.
---
#7PancakeThe2ndPosted 8/17/2014 1:31:58 PM
It's okay, everyone here is mature enough not to care. But sometimes that amount of maturity can be dangerous as it turns this place into a desert.
---
Cut deeper.
#8CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/17/2014 3:35:29 PM
PancakeThe2nd posted...
It's okay, everyone here is mature enough not to care. But sometimes that amount of maturity can be dangerous as it turns this place into a desert.

Unlike you. lol
---
#9CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/17/2014 3:36:08 PM
The_Mad_Kitten posted...
So that is it, no more online? So there is no purpose of owning the game anymore is there...? Or is there a way where we can all play... because I saw Cmo's videos! Also, yes... I haven't played in forever so this is the first time that I was notified of this!! D: D: :(

You realize all those videos are from pre-recorded footage, right?
---
#10_SignalPosted 8/17/2014 5:18:43 PM
Hey Venonat!

Good to see you.

I'm sure you are not alone in finding out the hard way that Nintendo WiFi was discontinued. And I'm sure you won't be the last.

We had a few good PR matches. I miss it.

As far as continued online play of C2 is considered, there is nothing right now. A Homebrew based group has setup a server that will play Mario Kart, and a few other games. C2 is on their list of possible games, but they haven't got it running yet, and they might not ever. If you google "wiimmfi" you'll find links to information about them.

As I said, they don't have C2 running yet, and don't seem to be working on it at the moment, but who knows what the future holds. The only downside is that you have to install Homebrew on your Wii.

Anyway, it's good to see you.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261