Conduit 2 Teamspeak

#1DerppopotamusPosted 8/25/2014 7:52:58 PM
So I was searching for a hardcore match, and no one was joining. (Probably all playing Big Team Grab Bag as always.) How about we make a Teamspeak server? Then you can hop on when ever you're playing Conduit 2 for Nintendo Wii and join the voice chat of everyone else who is playing. I feel it would be a step up from the ingame chat since there is no way to voice chat unless you are in a lobby with someone.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/817/272/1a9.gif

No?
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/26/2014 8:22:00 PM
I'm not a huge fan of voice chat.

I mean, I think its good for lobbies, but for the most part, I wouldn't use it during gameplay.

Although, I do like the idea of utilizing voice chat more as a game mechanic.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 11:14:17 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I'm not a huge fan of voice chat.

I mean, I think its good for lobbies, but for the most part, I wouldn't use it during gameplay.

Although, I do like the idea of utilizing voice chat more as a game mechanic.

Like in No More Room in Hell?
---
#4rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 8/27/2014 6:06:38 PM
2little2late
---
XBL: ajwmawesome Playing Battlefield 4, FIFA 15 Pre-Ordered
PSN: BlueStar7152 Playing Uncharted Series
#5_SignalPosted 8/27/2014 6:42:23 PM
From my experience at home when I'm playing and people try to talk to me, I suspect that I will play poorly with an in-game voice chat.

However, although I take my KDR very seriously, I'm willing to give Teamspeak a try the next time I play.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/28/2014 12:39:52 AM
Derppopotamus posted...
No More Room in Hell

Don't know enough about it to say.

Not even after googling.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 11:01:17 AM(edited)
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Derppopotamus posted...
No More Room in Hell

Not even after googling.

It's a co-op Zombie Survival mod from 2011. You can only hear the voice chat of players near you. So, you end up calling out "Is anyone around here?" Until you get a walkie talkie, which lets you hear anyone else who has one no matter where they are. There have been times when I was asking if the other player needed ammo, and I see him running up the stairs as a zombie instead of getting a reply.

Counter Strike is pretty heavily dependent on voice communication. A team communicating will beat a team not communicating 100% of the time.

Edit: The time I've spent in Insurgency has been pretty awesome when people do the military style radio communication. Which is why I only play it when I got that friend who is a marine radio operator.

I hear that is a standard in Arma, but I've never played that online.
---
#8Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 10:57:18 AM
_Signal posted...
From my experience at home when I'm playing and people try to talk to me, I suspect that I will play poorly with an in-game voice chat.

However, although I take my KDR very seriously, I'm willing to give Teamspeak a try the next time I play.

When I play while talking to friends, I do worse. When I play will communicating game stuff to strangers I do a lot better. It really depends if you're giving the game all your focus, and with friends you probably won't. Which is alright. As long as you're enjoying yourself.
---
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/28/2014 1:01:38 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Derppopotamus posted...
No More Room in Hell

Not even after googling.

It's a co-op Zombie Survival mod from 2011. You can only hear the voice chat of players near you. So, you end up calling out "Is anyone around here?" Until you get a walkie talkie, which lets you hear anyone else who has one no matter where they are. There have been times when I was asking if the other player needed ammo, and I see him running up the stairs as a zombie instead of getting a reply.

Counter Strike is pretty heavily dependent on voice communication. A team communicating will beat a team not communicating 100% of the time.

Edit: The time I've spent in Insurgency has been pretty awesome when people do the military style radio communication. Which is why I only play it when I got that friend who is a marine radio operator.

Ah yes.
I'd like something like that, but with a team gameplay spin on it.
design the game around collaborative fire fights, so people can work together. perhaps specifically design guns to have natural benifits of having two working together, and support weapons and such.

I'd also like to see something where you have a more.... larger scale multiplayer shooter. Like, imagine a massive arena shooter. Say there's two sides Good guys, bad guys, or whatever. But also there are teams on each side, lets say 3 teams of between 3-5 people each, on each side. Each team would be able to chat within any distance of their own team members, but be limited within range in communicating with anybody on their own side.
Additionally, one person, the Leader, would be able to communicate with all the teams.

So the structure would be, everyone can huddle and talk together if they need to.

Otherwise you're primarily just communicating within your own team, but also able to coordinate with the leader.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#10Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 7:22:58 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Derppopotamus posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Derppopotamus posted...
No More Room in Hell

Not even after googling.

Ah yes.
I'd like something like that, but with a team gameplay spin on it.
design the game around collaborative fire fights, so people can work together. perhaps specifically design guns to have natural benifits of having two working together, and support weapons and such.

I'd also like to see something where you have a more.... larger scale multiplayer shooter. Like, imagine a massive arena shooter. Say there's two sides Good guys, bad guys, or whatever. But also there are teams on each side, lets say 3 teams of between 3-5 people each, on each side. Each team would be able to chat within any distance of their own team members, but be limited within range in communicating with anybody on their own side.
Additionally, one person, the Leader, would be able to communicate with all the teams.

So the structure would be, everyone can huddle and talk together if they need to.

Otherwise you're primarily just communicating within your own team, but also able to coordinate with the leader.

Ah that sounds pretty cool. Insurgency has a system like that.
---