WHat happened!!

#1goreaffection_iPosted 7/13/2011 10:00:20 PM

The animations and game design is bad, the controls are terrible. The scare effects have been brought further down. Did the developers smoke too much weed while making this game??

#2MiseryLaNoirePosted 7/14/2011 3:18:14 AM
What is weed, is it a drug plant?
---
That weapon will replace your tongue.
You will learn to speak through it, and your poetry will now be written with blood.
#3goreaffection_i(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 10:12:50 PM

Well demented man, do come out of the virtual world and face the real world sometimes! lols

#4allknowingvortiPosted 7/19/2011 12:35:55 PM

This was my first fear believe it or not, so I guess I enjoyed it more than I should :P

#5I aM tHe LeGeNdPosted 7/19/2011 1:15:28 PM

This was my first fear believe it or not, so I guess I enjoyed it more than I should :P

really? play the 1st youll like it.
---
Man brings car for repairs because a warning light shows up. The mechanic cuts the wire leading to the warning light, announces he has solved the problem.
#6mat123321Posted 7/25/2011 6:57:00 AM
I'm not really enjoying this game either. Admittedly, i'm not very far in but i'm struggling as I find the combat dull and the game not at all scary or even jumpy.

I didn't play F.E.A.R 2 so I can't comment on that, but this feels like a heavily diluted version of the first game - am I missing something that should make this game enjoyable?
#7Elimin8orDanPosted 7/26/2011 12:06:08 PM
Honestly, you're not missing anything in this game. It's made more for Multiplayer like Call of Duty. Day One Studios looked at Call of Duty and went "This is popular lets make a game like this it will sell well!" And there you go. Fail 3.
---
I am but one of many, lost in this lost world. And no matter how we try, we can only be found by ourselves, and the path we walk upon.
#8JW ACEPosted 8/15/2011 7:11:13 PM
What is weed, is it a drug plant?

I don't know if you were serious or not...but I must have laughed uncontrollably for about 10 mins...not kidding you...thanks...I really needed that.

Anyway...as to the TC's concerns...its gone down hill since the original. Sure....Fear 2 was a decent sequel...but now this? Maybe its more fun with Co-op?
---
Currently playing: Deus Ex replay(PC) Epic Mickey (Wii) LA Noire(PS3) Resistance: Retribution (PSP)
Bring back PQ,KQ, and GK!!! Long live Sierra.
#9ThisIsMadness91Posted 8/19/2011 4:38:33 AM
The gameplay changes are disappointing, but I can handle them. What I can't handle is the story. Any characters that haven't been completely forgotten about have been changed to the point that they may as well have been whole new characters. On its own, it's a decent story, but as the conclusion for an ongoing story, I just can't accept it.

Ever since I found out Monolith would not be developing F.E.A.R. 3, I've had a nagging concern in the back of my mind that told me it wouldn't be as good as the first two games, be it in terms of gameplay or story. Since no UK stores had the collector's edition in stock, I didn't bother pre-ordering it, and since I'd already bought the collector's editions of Mortal Kombat and Duke Nukem Forever, I decided to wait before spending a lot of money on another game.

Last month I decided to see what other people thought of the game, which was when I realised I wouldn't enjoy it. Now, instead of buying my own copy like I did with the first two, I'm just playing through the co-op campaign with my brother-in-law (who isn't as much of a stickler for story as I am). Co-op is pretty fun, but I honestly think Day 1 Studios put more emphasis on that than anything else.

Sorry for the wall of text :p.
#10I aM tHe LeGeNdPosted 8/19/2011 1:11:27 PM
spoilers...

i cant believe the guy from fear2 died so easily. that was kinda ***.
---
PC FPS gaming is dead. >--|-o