6th year of eligibility?

#1Raze_da_KitsunePosted 9/6/2010 11:04:45 AM
I've seen 2 players get a 6th year of eligibility. They're sorted as GRDs for graduate I assume. This is a very nice move seeing as how one of these guys was my starting quarterback and another was a starting receiver.
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...
#2the_old_daysPosted 9/7/2010 1:18:59 PM
How did that happen? I've never seen a player get a sixth year. Do you know what you did to make this happen?
---
Yes, I'm a Notre Dame fan.
#3geniusdude2Posted 9/8/2010 8:01:31 PM
If your player gets injured and has already used his redshirt year, he can file for an extra year of eligibility with the NCAA. (Jordan Shipley did this at U of T)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
GT: Kalvin1
#4the_old_daysPosted 9/10/2010 2:33:31 PM
I know, I mean how do you do it in the game?

Every time I try to medical redshirt a player who has already sat out a year, regardless of the percentage of the season that player has played, it tells me I was not granted the redshirt because the player was already previosuly red-shirted.
---
Yes, I'm a Notre Dame fan.
#5Raze_da_Kitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2010 7:55:13 PM
Holy ****. This dude's been at my school for like 7 years now. He never got an injury because he never really played. His first 5 years(redshirt included) he didn't play. The 6th year he started at QB for me. The 7th year, I replaced him because I don't like left-handed quarterbacks. The 8th year he transfered and is immediately playing because he is a graduate student I assume. I just don't know what the hell is going on.
---
Julio Jones with the cement hands. - Dathrowed1
I am the paragon of humanity. You may worship me.....from afar...