Should I Get This Game?

#1FatCatDannyPosted 3/3/2011 1:06:08 AM
So hear me out. I'm not the type of gamer who needs to get the new edition of a game every year. I got hooked on this series when I got NCAA 2002 for $5 out of the used bin at Gamestop in 2005. I was quite pleased with that purchase, and I played it for a few years. 2007 rolled around and I said "Hey, I might as well upgrade." So I shelled out the money for that. I got 2008 as a gift the next year. After that, I finally got a PS3, and I missed the old NCAA Football series, so I got 2009 for the PS3. Problem is, I hated it.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fairly fun game as far as gameplay goes, and player/team creation was fine, but I got very frustrated with the lack of depth in Dynasty mode. The lack of custom playbooks, formation subs, awful recruiting, and general lack of a good offseason mode really killed me. So I didn't bother getting another game after that, and I went back to playing NCAA 08 for PS2, which is still my favorite of the series. I'm a few decades into my newest dynasty in which I made a custom conference, (replaced the entire big east with created schools) and I'm having a good time with it, but I'm starting to get the itch for something new. I don't like the next-gen dynasty modes, but I just realized they still produce new ps2 games. So...

Is this game similar enough to the old games I loved on the PS2 that I would still enjoy it?

Or is it too close to the newer games that I hate on the PS3 that I should skip it?
---
Anxiety can hitch a ride on planes and loneliness travels from state to state all my stuff is in bags and crates but I can't escape my baggage brains...
Dan P
#2ReggieBush09Posted 3/3/2011 10:24:13 PM
I rented it this its basically the same gameplay from 08 with new rosters.
#3Player2Posted 3/7/2011 5:38:37 PM
I have a question. My question is anybody have Road to Glory Summer Camp not load? I went to do Road to Glory and it went fine until it came to the summer camp part. It doesn't load at all just stays at the loading screen.
---
I have a photographic memory and can remember a lot of stuff.
#4Player2Posted 3/9/2011 7:08:17 PM
I tried to do Road to Glory and it wouldn't load at the Summer Camp part. It just stays at the loading screen. Anybody have this problem with the game not loading Summer Camp on Road to Glory?
---
#5the_old_daysPosted 3/13/2011 12:48:33 PM
2010 and 2011 have some problems. I'd go back to 2009 or earlier.
---
Yes, I'm a Notre Dame fan.
#6Player2Posted 3/13/2011 1:58:53 PM
I don't have 2009 anymore. I really wanted to play Road to Glory. 2010 worked for me. Just not 2011. Hopefully they will fix these problems and have a problem free Summer Camp for Road to Glory.
---