Subdued Mystery Innocent question

#1derek3257Posted 9/10/2011 7:16:52 PM
I subdued a Mystery Innocent during a reverse pirate raid but it did not reveal what it was.

Now I have a subdued Mystery Innocent +2.
Does anyone know if the innocent will be reveal at all since it's already subdued?
---
PSN: blpimg325 XBL: MrBrooks1975
LONG LIVE GAMERS, Disgaea 4 is here!
#2derek3257(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 8:49:55 AM
has anyone run into this issue above, any info would be appreciated.

thank you.
---
#3sion4everPosted 9/12/2011 8:52:48 AM
Wow huh. Sounds interesting though.
Move it to an item with an unsubdued mystery innocent and combine them. You'll have a mystery innocent +3 (unsubdued). Subdue it again. xD
---
D3 DLC Cut-Ins & WF: http://sion4ever.livejournal.com/
#4Scy046Posted 9/12/2011 8:56:03 AM
As far as I can tell, it seems to be an oversight of some kind for them to just subdue normally via Reverse Pirating. A subdued Mystery Innocent really does nothing. Hell, I don't even think it being a higher level imparts any benefit at all either when you get it back to unsubdued status and subdue it normally.
---
Imagine I said something witty or profound here.
#5DmonreiPosted 9/12/2011 9:27:03 AM
Scy046 posted...
As far as I can tell, it seems to be an oversight of some kind for them to just subdue normally via Reverse Pirating. A subdued Mystery Innocent really does nothing. Hell, I don't even think it being a higher level imparts any benefit at all either when you get it back to unsubdued status and subdue it normally.

This. the problem is that when you reverse pirate, it gives you the innocent itself, so instead of the Mystery Innocent randomizing, you end up getting it at a raised level. The only real option you have is to move it and combine it with another Mystery Innocent and subdue it in normal world.
---
Proud member of the Orange Chicken Club (OCC) and GFJrA
FFT on the iPhone. Me = SE's female dog/ PSN/360GT Duq025
#6derek3257(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 10:49:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I wonder if the added number will make a difference when it's ultimately subdued.

I'll report any findings tonight if someone else hasn't already posted some.
---
#7DmonreiPosted 9/12/2011 10:52:04 AM
derek3257 posted...
Thanks for the suggestions.

I wonder if the added number will make a difference when it's ultimately subdued.

I'll report any findings tonight if someone else hasn't already posted some.

The added number simply gives you a higher level of whatever it changes into. So if you are lucky and have 150 mystery innocents, you can potentially get a level 300 statistician.
---
#8derek3257(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 10:57:28 AM
@Dmonrei

okay so 150 is the max on mystery and then would equal the max of any innocent it would turn into when subdued. Nice.

You don't happen to know if the mysteries are random and reset if you reset your game would you? Or are they set and you just have to find them in item world.

I think they are set but haven't really tried resetting yet.
---
#9AshtonShiken98Posted 9/12/2011 10:59:21 AM
derek3257 posted...
@Dmonrei

okay so 150 is the max on mystery and then would equal the max of any innocent it would turn into when subdued. Nice.

not quite, 300 is just the max for statistician, being double of 150
---
Playing Disgaea 4; add me: AshtonShiken
#10DmonreiPosted 9/12/2011 11:01:46 AM
derek3257 posted...

You don't happen to know if the mysteries are random and reset if you reset your game would you? Or are they set and you just have to find them in item world.

I think they are set but haven't really tried resetting yet.

Actually, I don't know what the cap for mystery innocents are. The only reason I mentioned 150 is because Statisticians cap at 300, so a level of 150 would be the best to leave them at if that's your goal (innocents double their level when subbed, unless you go and do the innocent boost trick.)

Mystery innocents are random, they only get assigned once you subdue them. So in theory, you can just keep reseting and hope that you get what you want.
---