How do i duplicate items?

#1kingNaveedPosted 8/16/2012 6:05:41 AM
Topic. Does it matter that I downloaded the patch thingy?
---
---LOVE ME!!!!!---
#2strangecityPosted 8/16/2012 6:35:21 AM(edited)
if you downloaded the patch then you can't do it the easy way. you'll need to do the puppy paw trick.

here is how: (guide comes from metal_jaws)

The PPS is a weapon that enables stealing of enemy gear. It is a known way of duping existing items and will not be removed by any patches. It is obtained by capturing a level 1000+ Nekomata and disciplining it to reveal a treasure location. This treasure can be multiple things, so always save before you ask for the location. Then if you don't get the PPS, you can just keep reloading until you do. The PPS is special in that it has a unique innocent on it called the Cat Burglar. This innocent gives its' user the ability to capture gear. Specifically it has a 10% chance of stealing 1 piece of enemy gear if the attack performed is a lethal one. The attack can be any kind, but the blow must kill the enemy. The 10% is too all armor and weapon slots on the enemy, not per. This innocent does not work on allies or neutral NPC characters. The best way to set up this for maximum effect is to equip the target of the attack with only the item desired to be copied, and all else removed. That way any successful steals will give you the item you want. The item will be the same as the enemy has it, so you will also get all innocents on that item. Duping is done by getting a high level item you want, fill it with innocents you want to copy or increase in value, putting that item on one or more of your allies (if you have more than one item to dupe) and then turning your ally into an enemy. There are several ways to do this, the best are outlined in the following two sections.

*Note that the PPS can also be obtained as a sphere collecting reward. If you have collected level spheres while in the Item World and reverse pirating, and then happen to come across a mystery room in the Item World with a Cockatrice in it, that NPC will give you legendary rewards based on the total number of spheres you have collected. PPS is the reward for 140+ spheres (exact number not confirmed yet).

---
Feed her Charlotte! Feed her Carrie! Feed her Samantha!
#3kingNaveed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 6:34:24 AM
What is the puppy paw stick trick?
And what is a puppy paw stick?
---
---LOVE ME!!!!!---
#4strangecityPosted 8/16/2012 6:38:05 AM
kingNaveed posted...
What is the puppy paw stick trick?
And what is a puppy paw stick?

just check above, i was editing it, anyhoo, to be honest if you want to dupe its easier to use the prepatch method. it will save you a whole lotta time
---
#5kingNaveed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 6:47:51 AM
Is it possible to unpatch the patch?
And what is that method?
---
---LOVE ME!!!!!---
#6kingNaveed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 6:51:56 AM
Oh and how do I make my ally my enemy?
I don't think there is a map which turns allies into enemies.
---
---LOVE ME!!!!!---
#7strangecityPosted 8/16/2012 7:31:42 AM(edited)
kingNaveed posted...
Oh and how do I make my ally my enemy?
I don't think there is a map which turns allies into enemies.

you cannot unpatch, and chara world or the senate is where you can turn allies into enemies

Chara World
As in Disgaea 3, the Chara World can generate clones of the ally your are inside of. These clones are called Heart Conservatives and will have all of the gear and moves of the original but the unit is an enemy. This unit can be killed with a PPS to obtain gear. These units are generated by making combos and destroying land mass in the Chara World. There generation rate is much lower than Disgaea 3 though. If you are lucky you will see around 1 or so for every 10 floors you go through. Not the best odds. To setup the ally for this, simply remove all gear then place the desired item to copy on the ally and enter the Chara World. Ensure the killing blow is done with a PPS, and cross your fingers.

Senate
The best way to dupe is to put an ally in the Cam-Pain Board evil symbol. This evil symbol puts your ally in the senate to vote. Begin by removing all items you do not want and only place the desired item to dupe on this ally, and then ensure the ally is placed into the evil symbol. Then find a bill that is very likely to not pass, such as "Extort a senator". As the bill is being voted on, there is a chance your ally will vote Nay. If the ally votes Nay and the bill is denied, you can choose to Force the Bill which begins the fight. Any ally that voted Nay will now be an enemy. Defeat the unit with the PPS for a chance to get the item. If you have more than one item to dupe, place several allies into the evil symbol to increase the chances that one of them will vote Nay. Or even better, if they all vote Nay you now have better odds of getting one or more successful PPS strikes.
---
#8Rideps1Posted 8/16/2012 7:45:17 AM
You can also do the same in on item world senate, but the better part of that: chance for clone geo effects. And you can kill off the clones endlessly.

At least I heard that worked, I haven't managed to both get a clone panel and have my target hostile since I heard about it..
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#9nova_phoenix9Posted 8/21/2012 10:18:26 AM
Does it work on created maps?

Its easier to make your characters enemies there.
---
"With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead, together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!"
#10Mikey_RPosted 8/21/2012 10:19:39 AM
No it doesn't.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/