How to Earn CP?

#1DaichiPosted 6/29/2011 12:56:16 AM
You need CP for buying they various map objects. But how exactly is one is supposed to earn CP? Some of the coolest stuff is at least 5 or 6 digits in value.

It seems that completing a user maps with full bonus gauge will net you about 300 CP, so doing this alone would take forever.
#2zoakrouhPosted 6/29/2011 2:43:17 AM
There are alot of CP grind user maps where you can clear in 2 moves and get 1199 points.
#3Daichi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 4:52:03 AM
Over a thousand?

I guess I'm playing the wrong maps then. O_o;
#4zoakrouhPosted 6/29/2011 5:27:40 AM
For these CP grind maps, make sure your strongest character doesn't have stats in the millions. Rule of thumb is the higher your Battle Power value, the less CP you get from those maps.

A typical CP grind map will have 9 uber enemies with max out values in every stat. They would stand in 3x3 formation and with their back turned. These enemies will be standing on a mountain of geoblocks.

To clear the map, take one character out and throw the singled out geoblock to trigger a massive chain not only it will max the bonus gauge but also cause those 9 enemy units to take massive fall damage leaving them with very little hp (often 1 hp) left. Then is the time you take out your unit with 3x3 area attack and mop things up.

My strongest unit has on average only 300k in every stat with equipment included and each time I clear these kind of maps I get 200 + 999 CP.
#5Daichi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 5:54:32 AM
Ah, I guess it doesn't help that my highest unit is only level 86, lol.
#6Daichi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 6:34:37 AM
Ah, I think I figured it out, gotta scroll down the list to find maps with enemies i can actually kill when they are at 1 HP.
#7coachrochePosted 6/29/2011 7:00:15 AM
Buy the Premium Edition, it comes with an artbook.
---
Signature will not change until my signature changes. Started last time I changed my signature.
#8Vicious7Posted 6/29/2011 11:34:35 PM
@Daichi:

Toggle the list sort, don't use the list by level. You'll then see all the highly recommended maps at the top which are almost all one and done CP earning maps where you could be level 1 and still clear the map (throw barrel and blow up everything and the fall damage kills the enemies).
#9Daichi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2011 12:37:43 AM(edited)
Vicious7 posted...
@Daichi:

Toggle the list sort, don't use the list by level. You'll then see all the highly recommended maps at the top which are almost all one and done CP earning maps where you could be level 1 and still clear the map (throw barrel and blow up everything and the fall damage kills the enemies).

But these everyone-dies-from-explosion maps, you don't seem to give you any more then 300 CP at once. I'm really trying to get up to 100k, but it feels like it's going to take quite a while. Are user maps the only way to earn CP?

On a side note, it seems like the maps that give you 1200 CP you can only do once. :/
#10Vicious7Posted 6/30/2011 9:49:47 AM(edited)
@Daichi:

That's because for max CP earning you have to actually kill enemies directly ;)

For instance the maps I make, I stack ATK and INT items on enemies to boost their fighting strength (fighting strength = ATK+INT+HIT+DEF+RES+SPD). Don't boost HIT / DEF / RES / SPD so they take as much damage as possible. The reason I do this is because low fighting strength party members killing high fighting strength enemies give you more points. The optimal maps I used to make gave 1290 CP (taking hints from the JPN wiki).

But the issues...

One is finding good maps. Easiest way is to make a custom map to match your level range and upload it. Then you can go to your custom map on the list to find other peoples custom maps around your level range and hope they know what they're doing.

The other is the level of the characters in the map. The indicator from the map list only lists the highest level character in that particular map. So a map that's indicated as lvl 85 could have one lvl 85 character and a bunch of level 10's.

And lastly, since you are still low level, you're going to find people making maps for your level range that do not know what they're doing. So you'll get a range of decent to crap CP from the maps.

So to optimize CP earning, I suggested you just go and do the throw and kill CP earning maps. Those ones are easy to find because they're all high on the recommended list and they give a stabilized amount of CP.

Also, fyi, all the maps you can only do once and give it a grade.