Question: Any Pirate Maps or early R40 items?

#1SoronirPosted 9/5/2011 5:42:29 PM

In Disgaeas 2 and 3 you could get Pirate Maps from the item world very early in the game. These maps were R40, so if you went into those items worlds you'd encounter enemies with very high levels.

Can this be done in D4? I found it very satisfying to reset until a R40 item world had the right combination of geo effects. Invincibility and Damage panels so I could build up the bonus gauge to the max and then clear the stage by putting enemies on Damage panels or by killing them on Critical panels.

Can this still be done?

#2negi_magicianPosted 9/5/2011 5:56:12 PM
Yes. Same thing with the almighty hospital giveaway items. Make sure to keep exitting out of the hospital menu until you can get a Legendary rank item.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QtEXQ.jpg
http://emmyc.com/HOTINHERE.gif
#3Soronir(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 6:05:05 PM

I had heard somewhere that there we no map piece items or something like that, though. I might as well do some more searching as there are likely more guides out by now...

#4technolemPosted 9/5/2011 6:07:22 PM
I just killed a pirate, the animal farmers. They had no map. I unlocked the pirate ships and everything, but no map. Maybe it was just an exception?
#5Soronir(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 6:11:22 PM

I looked around but I can't find an item guide or anything listing similar R40 items like that. I know legendary items can come from the hospitals but I'm mainly interested in finding some kind of Rank 40 item early on. It won't be a weapon or a kind of armor, as it would be game-breakingly powerful early on.

I really wanna find out for sure if there's something akin to the Pirate maps in that it's a Rank 40 you can get near the start.

#6Unknown_PCPosted 9/5/2011 6:16:34 PM
The X-Dimension map unlock items and treasure maps sold in the Item World are IR40 if I recall correctly. They cost a ton though.
---
PSN - Unknown_PC
#7Soronir(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 7:33:13 PM

This isn't looking promising so far. =(

I'm still torn on the issue of getting this game. Apparently they made it even more tedious to fully max everything out. Gets to a point where the leveling isn't fun any more and it's all just a chore...

#8OmegaDL50Posted 9/5/2011 7:37:43 PM
Considering Statisticians are stackable in multiple piles of 300 (i.e having full equipment with 9600 Statisticians in all) not to mention Level 99 Maps...it's by far easier to get to level 9999 in both Disgaea 3 and 4 then the previous two games especially with the Statistician cap only being 300 the first two games.
---
Playing - Gran Turismo 5 (PS3), Xenoblade (Wii), Disgaea 3 (PS3)
Waiting For - Disgaea 4 (PS3), White Knight Chronicles 2 (PS3), Torchlight II (PC)
#9Sephiroth C RyuPosted 9/5/2011 7:42:45 PM
To be fair, you can usually do everything in the game before your characters are super-maxed-out. Unless you are going for uber numbers, you don't need to really go all-out on the maximization.

Still, early on if you want to get easy levels, rank up the shop as high as you can get it at the time, and buy the best HP recovery item it has, and enter that world. You can easily get level 40, 60, or higher worlds from cheap items, with which you can exit-run, kill chests, and enter mystery gates for money, and powerful weapons for you to use. And of course, if you happen upon a map with an invincible panel, you know what to do.

You may want to do that anyway first, as you need to get strong enough to actually DAMAGE enemies in some map with 255+ enemies in it (assuming the item in question is like D3's in terms of level, that is).
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#10Soronir(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 7:46:32 PM

Sephiroth C Ryu posted...

You may want to do that anyway first, as you need to get strong enough to actually DAMAGE enemies in some map with 255+ enemies in it (assuming the item in question is like D3's in terms of level, that is).
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!

I just used to go into R40 item worlds with the right geo effects. Invincibility to preserve myself and Damage 20% or Critical to dispatch the enemies with geo effects once I had the bonus gauge maxed out. Then I'd get a ton of money and high level items and EXP, and be able to gency out before I rinse and repeat. The items you'd get would make you so strong it would typically be better than a lot of early power-leveling.