Monster Fusion

#1SozanekPosted 12/31/2011 12:42:55 PM
Is there any way to get more from Monster Fusion? I am already using Monster lab and Fusion Lovers + the one that increases the possible monster fusions up to 3 (resulting in monster created from 4 monsters). I'm asking 'cause after all that, I'm getting less then 10% of stat boost on my monster, which kinda sucks (Monster with 50m atk + 3 monsters with average 40m atk results in monster with about 55m atk). Also - buffs don't seem to work (unlike magichange), nor guardians and monster hunters (I might be wrong on this one).

I don't know, are there any evilities or something? I want my Giant Prinny to be as badass as he can xD
---
Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#2r0xm2nPosted 12/31/2011 8:03:00 PM
You using Fusion Lover? As in the Fusion Lover Innocent?
Reverse pirate for those.

Also, you may know this already, but Fused monsters get extra multiplier to specials. A 640% multiplier becomes 800% under fusion. Also works for giant weapons.
---
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
#3Sozanek(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2011 8:38:09 PM
Yeah, I meant Fusion Lover innocents. I got already 25 (cap) of them. And yeah, I know about that boost xD

Well, I'm still waiting for help about getting more power, but since I'm waiting I'll give some information I found out while testing:

1. Orc's Fusion is bugged. A bit. I mean, when you want to combine something with an Orc you will notice a large increase in stats. However, you won't get it, because for some reason it's counting Orc's Evility in to that bonus (20% for every unit of the same type). Just an information so you won't be fooled :P

2. When Fusing more than 2 monsters, you can notice that the 4th evility get rewritten every time you fuse (for example if you fused prinny with a dragon, skeletal dragon and orc, you would be left with Mass Psyche evility), so you are stuck with 1 base evility of the monster + 2 additional ones + base evility of the last monster you fused with. It's 4, and it's the maximum amount of evilities you can get on one character.
What's interesting about that is - if you don't set those 2 additional evilities, you will get ALL the evilities from other monster - This can result in monster having 4 base evilities. Like in example above, your monster would end up with:

-Explosive Nature
-(None)
-(None)
-Rising Dragon
-Immortal Body
-Mass Psyche

(that's how the list look like in the game)
And this way you can expand your possibilites of monster fusion a lot.

A real pity that fusion sucks in comparision to magichange (I haven't tried it with Ex-Hostages yet though ('cause I'm attached to my characters, and don't like using other's :P).
---
Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#4Sozanek(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2011 9:03:34 PM
2(3?) additional thing I found right now:

3. Armor Slots (Trapezohedrons usually) DON'T COUNT into monster fusion. At all. Only weapon counts.
(but you still can have your fusion lovers on armor, and they will work)

4. Monster Hunters don't have any effect on resulting monster stats. No matter how much there are, you could fuse without 'em.

So - Only weapon stats with no modifiers + fusion lovers counts.

5 (?). Not sure of this one - it seems that Fusion Lovers increase the bonus from Monster Base stats only. They ignore the weapon.
---
#5SunladisPosted 12/31/2011 9:30:49 PM
Can anyone explain how monster Fusion works? In the terms of how much bonus Stats it give. Does it just add a percentage of the fused monster to the big one or is there something else?
---
The average intelligence of a fandom is inversely proportional to its size.
#6Scy046Posted 1/1/2012 9:39:35 AM
Are you using Beast Lab? You mention "Monster Lab" in the first post but I'm just double checking.

As for the mechanics of Fusion, it's identical to Magichange. You get 30% of the base (i.e., unequipped, unbuffed) stats of the monster using Fusion. Beast Lab makes it 30% of their total stats and Fusion Lover brings it up to 55%.

Additionally, both Beast Lab and Fusion Lover should be associated with the ones using Fusion, not the one being targeted.
---
Imagine I said something witty or profound here.
#7Sozanek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 10:07:18 AM
Yeah, I meant that Beast Lab. And it's obviously not 30% of total stats, since as I stated - the armor slots don't count nor does the monster hunters in weapon. I'm going to double-check it right now.
---
#8Sozanek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 10:33:35 AM(edited)
Okay, tested it now:

As I stated before - Monster Hunters and Accesories do not count.

Now, without anything the monster got 33% of base stats of the fusing monster:

Fusing monster ATK: 509600
Resulting ATK boost: 168168

When I equipped 25 Fusion Lovers to an accessory slot it turned out to be:

Resulting ATK boost: 235435

Which doesn't make much sense, really. And yeah, I'm sure of those numbers, checked them many times. Evilities don't increase/decrease any stats.

Now, testing with weapon:

Fusing Monster ATK: 4877495 (that's without Monster Hunters)
Monster Weapon ATK: 3360266

Resulting ATK boost: 1092241

Yup, again. It doesn't make much sense. It's about 22% of the monster stats.

With 25 Fusion Lovers:

Resulting ATK boost: 1159508

I have no idea how the game counts it.

Oh, of course everything was checked with Beast Lab. Without it, weapon stats don't count as well.

Everything was checked with the newest patch.
---
#9Scy046Posted 1/1/2012 11:42:57 AM
Well, if I ever get around to playing D4 again, I can look into it more for you, I suppose.

Any other details? Looking over your numbers, it's doing:

(33% + FusionLover/2) * (BaseStat) + (27.5%) * (WeaponStats)

With the 27.5% being the Beast Lab bonus. But that formula is not quite right since the Fusion Lover bonus is approximately 13% here, not 12.5% (i.e., each Fusion Lover is +0.5% except one which is +1.0%).
---
Imagine I said something witty or profound here.
#10Sozanek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2012 1:41:23 PM
Yeah, I thought at first that it will be something with lovers/2 but it doesn't add up :/
Well, whatever. My question still stands: is there any other way to power up Fusion (I don't know,Legendary Tree cousins? xD)?
---