This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTS/DNS Giveaways?

#1AluminumTicketPosted 4/14/2011 8:57:16 AM
This might be on the wrong board- So I apologize in advance, and I'll lock this if it is-

Are there any DNS/GTS Servers still running? I know Gameboy's Distro (65.184.251.130) is always up, basically- But are there any others?

If so- Gen GTS/DNS topic?

Thanks in advance.
---
'Keep calm and carry on my wayward son'
#2the_reaper849Posted 4/14/2011 9:04:58 AM
AluminumTicket posted...
This might be on the wrong board- So I apologize in advance, and I'll lock this if it is-

Are there any DNS/GTS Servers still running? I know Gameboy's Distro (65.184.251.130) is always up, basically- But are there any others?

If so- Gen GTS/DNS topic?

Thanks in advance.

what is gameboy's distro?
---
Saying guitar is white is like saying white people discovered america.AlbelsPanties
#3AluminumTicket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2011 9:05:54 AM
It's a server that gives out free pokemon- Go to your wireless settings, go down to 'Auto Select DNS', and select 'no'. Then put in that code and bam, free pokemon.
---
'When you say jump, they say 'What Shark'.'
#4the_reaper849Posted 4/14/2011 9:07:36 AM
do they have a website?

also i know there is a site called pokemon selector, it lets you create the pokemon you want and upload it to the DNS thing.
---
Saying guitar is white is like saying white people discovered america.AlbelsPanties
#5AluminumTicket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2011 9:15:26 AM

do they have a website?

also i know there is a site called pokemon selector, it lets you create the pokemon you want and upload it to the DNS thing.

I don't know, and I'm just wondering about giveaway severs. Specifically ones with a Shiny Sewaddle, or Gen 1-4 pokemon. Dustin's server (That isn't up right now, I think) gives away those pokemon. Shame you can't nickname them, though.
---
'I'LL POP YER LITTLE HEAD LIKE A GRAPE'
#6AluminumTicket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2011 9:18:18 AM
173.212.79.171 - Giving away female DW Pokemon
---
'I'LL POP YER LITTLE HEAD LIKE A GRAPE'
#7AluminumTicket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2011 9:22:34 AM
To copy pasta the tutorial-

1. Start up your copy of Pokemon on your Nintendo DS. You can use either Black or White.
2. Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings from the main menu of the game.
3. Edit the settings for your connection. Make sure it's a working connection!
4. Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to NO.
5. Set the "Primary DNS" to 173.212.79.171 (For the server that just went up)
6. Save settings and return to your game. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE you save using the Save Changes button at the bottom of the lower screen!
7. Return to the game, and go to the GTS. MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM IS FULL. Connect to the normal GTS (NOT the GTS Negotiations). If you get a connection error, try again; sometimes it craps out for a bit.
8. When you connect to the GTS, you should receive a Pokemon automatically, with no input required from you. It's random which one you get, so keep trying for the one you want!
9. After receiving it, you'll be in the GTS as normal. Search for a Pokemon (any Pokemon) using the Seek Pokemon button. You should be disconnected, and asked if you would like to reconnect. Do so and you'll recieve another Pokemon. It's totally random, so you might get the same one two or three times. You can also manually exit and reenter the GTS, but it takes longer. Take as many as you want!
10. When you're done, just leave. All the Pokemon you downloaded will be in your PC. To fix your Wifi settings, just turn Auto-Obtain DNS back on.
---
'I scream, you scream, we all scream for MEDIC'
#8TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 4/14/2011 9:34:01 AM
AluminumTicket posted...

1. Start up your copy of Pokemon on your Nintendo DS. You can use either Black or White.
6. Save settings and return to your game. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE you save using the Save Changes button at the bottom of the lower screen!
7. Return to the game, and go to the GTS. MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM IS FULL. Connect to the normal GTS (NOT the GTS Negotiations). If you get a connection error, try again; sometimes it craps out for a bit.
8. When you connect to the GTS, you should receive a Pokemon automatically, with no input required from you. It's random which one you get, so keep trying for the one you want!
9. After receiving it, you'll be in the GTS as normal. Search for a Pokemon (any Pokemon) using the Seek Pokemon button. You should be disconnected, and asked if you would like to reconnect. Do so and you'll recieve another Pokemon. It's totally random, so you might get the same one two or three times. You can also manually exit and reenter the GTS, but it takes longer. Take as many as you want!
10. When you're done, just leave. All the Pokemon you downloaded will be in your PC. To fix your Wifi settings, just turn Auto-Obtain DNS back on.

Since I use the 3DS, how do I do this? It says I have to use System Tools to fiddle with any networking settings.
---
Proud owner of a 3DS. 3 Xbox 360s, 2 PS3s, 1 Wii, 3 3DSs, 2 DS Lites, 2 Macbook Pros, 1 Ipad 2, Full Adobe Master Creative Suite. My tech setup.
#9AluminumTicket(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2011 9:44:18 AM

AluminumTicket posted...

Since I use the 3DS, how do I do this? It says I have to use System Tools to fiddle with any networking settings.

Excellent question! I have no idea. Maybe someone else will, though. Sorry!
---
'But we were only victorious because you watches too much the television.'
#10TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 4/14/2011 9:47:03 AM
AluminumTicket posted...
AluminumTicket posted...
Excellent question! I have no idea. Maybe someone else will, though. Sorry!

I honestly doubt anyone will be able to answer this question. I'll just miss out, it's fine.
---
Proud owner of a 3DS. 3 Xbox 360s, 2 PS3s, 1 Wii, 3 3DSs, 2 DS Lites, 2 Macbook Pros, 1 Ipad 2, Full Adobe Master Creative Suite. My tech setup.