This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Spikes/Stealth Rock Pokemon

#1PatMuhGroinPosted 5/18/2011 10:00:41 PM
What's the best pokemon to use spikes and stealth rock? Being fast would be nice :) Thanks guys.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4040 5651 4419
"Why you trow doo doo papah?!" - Sarah Marshall
#2PatMuhGroin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 10:15:16 PM
bump?
---
#3PatMuhGroin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 10:21:24 PM
one more timee
---
#4OwlRammerPosted 5/18/2011 10:29:37 PM
I use registeel to set up stealth rocks, and for some reason my registeel lead always sweeps teams sometimes, it's weird O_o Although it isn't that fast though, but I still like to use it :D
#5prinnyamongmenPosted 5/18/2011 10:35:56 PM(edited)
There are plenty of options. However, not all of them are fast.

Skarmory: This bulky Pokémon is designed to wall while cursing the opponent with dreaded hazards. It also learns Whirlwind, so it can deal a lot of damage once it's done. Blissey has always been its partner-in-crime, so if you're suffering 4 moveslot syndrome, let it handle Stealth Rock for you.
Entry Hazards available: Spikes, Stealth Rock.

Forretress: This Pokémon is notorious for having all THREE entry hazards AND Rapid Spin, thus making it the most flexible hazards user bar Smeargle. After all the hazard huey, you can either Gyro Ball spam til something takes you down or Explode in their face.
Entry Hazards available: Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock. (Rapid Spin too!)

Smeargle: This guy has access to ALL the moves in the game. Enough said. Sadly, it doesn't have good stats or Prankster, so don't expect too much from this artist.
Entry Hazards available: all of them.

Tentacruel: I've been seeing a lot of this guy lately. It sets up Toxic Spikes and absorbs them too, and makes a decent wall, especially since it has Liquid Ooze, preventing Leech Seed from working properly.
Entry Hazards available: Toxic Spikes.

Azelf: Whenever you see an Azelf lead, expect to be Taunted, Stealth Rocked on, then Exploded on. That's its itinerary. It has nice stats too, so it can run a surprise sweeper set.
Entry Hazards available: Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl: This extremely speedy Pokémon (base 130!) is also used as a suicide lead, just like Azelf. It has a nice Attack stat as well, so don't be surprised when it decides to attack you instead.

Scolipede: This guy has base 112 speed, outrunning most sweepers in the game. It's very flimsy though, so he's not the best, especially since the hazards it gets take time to set up. If it only had Stealth Rock... It also absorbs Toxic Spikes, but I don't think it'll survive to get all its hazards up.
Entry Hazards available: Toxic Spikes, Spikes.

Nidoqueen: I've used her recently, and she gets the job done well. She's bulky enough to take a few hits while setting up hazards, and has access to a few other moves to help you out as well, like Dragon Tail and Roar. It also absorbs Toxic Spikes. She's quite slow, however, so expect a few Taunts headed your way.
Entry Hazards available: Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes

Tyranitar: I see a lot of Tyranitar set up Stealth Rock. However, that is NOT its main purpose. Seeing as it's bulky and it counters a lot of leads though, I can see why it's successful.

Infernape: This ape is just dang good. It has base 108 speed, outrunning a lot of things. It's also VERY unpredictable. Most Infernape run the standard Taunt and Stealth Rock, but a few are offensive leads, pounding the opposition to dust right from the start.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 1750 2955 Steam: TheThousandthPrinny
The cake is a lie...
#6PatMuhGroin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 10:33:25 PM
I was planning on getting him but i have way too many steels already :(
---
#7PatMuhGroin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2011 10:35:31 PM
prinny, that actually really helped.. thank you :D
---
#8BirdofTokyoPosted 5/18/2011 11:39:59 PM

^^

OK, you have probably decided already, but I just wanted to say that Garbador is a great Entry Hazzard Lead in UU. It can go with Spikes and Toxic Spikes whilst having good enough defence to lead in UU, as you do not see a lot of Heavy Offensive Leads, bar the always annoying Suicide Leads. Plus Poison is a suprisingly good typing for a Lead.

#9prinnyamongmenPosted 5/18/2011 11:42:58 PM
Yup. You have a resistance to Bug(U-turn) and Fighting. You can also absorb Toxic Spikes, and that is very nifty. Having a Psychic weakness is debilitating, though, especially with so many Espeon running around these days.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 1750 2955 Steam: TheThousandthPrinny
The cake is a lie...
#10BirdofTokyoPosted 5/18/2011 11:58:22 PM

Just set him up like this

Garbador @ Focus Sash

Explosion
Gunk Shot
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

The Weak Armour Ability actually has a purpose in this set. Set down Spikes. Then survive the attack, grab a Speed Boost, and set down Toxic Spikes, or another set of Spikes. Your call. If you do not get attacked, then just set up more layers of Spikes untill you do. If by some rediculous miracle you set up all the Spikes, you can Explode, or Gunk Shot. If the much more likely factor of them attacking you and leaving you on 1 Health occours, then Explode. Or Gunk Shot. But probably Explode.