This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wi-fi problems on 3DS

#1valiflamPosted 7/6/2011 9:03:08 AM
So! As the title suggests, I have problems with my wi-fi on my 3DS. This is actually the only way I can connect to Nintendo wi-fi, because our internet security is WPA, and DSlite doesn't support that.

Anyway, my wi-fi works perfectly fine out of pokemon white, and it also works perfect on 3DS games. However, whenever I try to connect to Nintendo wi-fi on pokemon white, the little block that tells you how good your connection is goes green, with all three bars filled. But then, after about half a minute, it turns red and the bars go empty. Then I get error code 52110. It says "Unable to connect to Nintendo wi-fi connection. Check your settings under the internet option and try again."

Well, I checked about 50 times already and tried just about everything, but it just doesn't work. I looked up the error code and Nintendo gave this as a solution: Check if there is any interference from other wireless apparature, or move closer to the router. I've been just about standing 1 feet from the router, and it still didn't work, so that's a load of crap.

So, I'm all out of options and I'm getting a little mad about this because one of the reasons I bought this game is because I could finally use things like global link on pokemon!

Now, I was wondering if any of you guys are experiencing the same problem, and of course, if any of you has a solution. Would be greatly appreciated. :D
#2duende106Posted 7/6/2011 12:22:10 PM
Nintendo ds doesnt support WPA for game play...you need to change ur setting to WEP.
---
Pokemon SoulSIlver FC:3868 7967 1176
Pokemon White FC:0518 8371 7639
#3mercenary666666Posted 7/6/2011 12:24:30 PM
duende106 posted...
Nintendo ds doesnt support WPA for game play...you need to change ur setting to WEP.

he just said the 3DS supports it, and his other games worked too.....
#4valiflam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 3:38:13 PM
Yes, it supports WPA, just like the DSi. That's how I got wi-fi on my 3DS in the first place..
#5duende106Posted 7/6/2011 4:29:18 PM
you dont get it...3ds games are different and of course wpa is supported for DSI and 3DS but not for games...go to Nintendo web page and read it.
---
#6valiflam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 4:36:03 PM
duende106 posted...
you dont get it...3ds games are different and of course wpa is supported for DSI and 3DS but not for games...go to Nintendo web page and read it.

Not true. I have heard people say they've gone online with Black/white on a 3DS. However, they experienced the same problem after they had sent their 3DS for reparation to Nintendo.
#7duende106Posted 7/6/2011 6:46:23 PM
you can get online with WEP settings not WAP you have to understand that.
---
#8mercenary666666Posted 7/6/2011 10:18:37 PM
HE SAID HIS OTHER GAMES WORK. read!!!!!!!!!!!
#9barboidPosted 7/6/2011 11:12:49 PM(edited)
I can help with that. What I did was change the parameters to WEP for everything. Please note that you can't really switch DS's when it comes to playing Pokemon. You'll have to match your settings to the DS. i.e. the settings for the game need to match the ones for the DS that you are using. While 5th gen works well with WPA the other games will not. To use the DSi or DS to connect to the Dreamworld, use the WEP router setting. I don't know what your router is like, we use the Apple Airport which handles both kinds. If you are having trouble connecting to the Dreamworld, you need to join the pokemon trainer board and the GTS itself (using the same name and password as the board. Once you've logged in at BOTH places, you can set up the Dreamworld for both White and Black. If I'm not being clear, please post again, I will try to restate it.

I believe that what duende106 is trying to say is that on the 3DS, games older than 5th gen will not work on the 3DS via the internet unless you change the routing to WEP.

I play Black with my DS and White with my DSi and both work on the DreamWorld site. My 3DS is for Pokedex 3D and Zelda.
---
"Of all the things I miss in life, I lost my mind the most."
#10valiflam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 2:30:35 AM
Actually, when I tried to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi at my dad's house (which also has WPA), on my 3DS. It worked perfectly. Flawless. So Duende, now I have seen with my own eyes that it DOES work on 3DS. I don't know why it doesn't work at home, though. But anyways, now I just have to go to my dad's if I want to connect to the dreamworld or the GTS. (: