This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Volcarona Nature and Moveset WITHOUT Morning Sun?

#1RiokenPosted 3/2/2012 5:40:01 PM
Not in the mood to be breeding for a Volcarona w/ Morning Sun so what would the best nature and moveset be for a Volcarna if we disregard Morning Sun from its moveset?
---
~Pokemon Soul Silver Friend Code:0260 2924 1255~
~Pokemon Diamond Friend Code:0344 9089 7896~
#2CenedarprimePosted 3/6/2012 7:31:11 PM
I am currently running a Volcarona without Morning Sun, with an offensive Quiver Dance set. The nature you'll want will be either Timid or Modest, preference to Timid since Quiver Dance will boost his speed and his already wonderful base 130 special attack. Full EV investment into speed and special attack. Three moves you MUST have are Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance. QD is a wonderful boosting move with no drawbacks and FD has a 50% chance to further boost your special attack in addition to doing good damage. BB is your main STAB attack with plenty of power and a chance to lower your opponents special defense.

The last move is up to you really. Smogon says use either Hidden Power Rock or Ground, but I find Psychic works well on all the new threatening Fighting types. It will be your saving grace against Terrakion assuming you have boosted enough to outspeed it.
---
PKMN White FC: 4685-1512-5940
"It's called a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool."
#3LyonDRCPosted 3/7/2012 8:29:10 PM
I always use it with Fiery Dance, Quiver Dance, Hidden Power (Ground or Grass) and Bug Buzz. Quiver Dance is obviously to increase the status and sweep. Fiery Dance is for STAB plus if you didn't increase your Special Attack to x6 with Quiver Dance you might have the chance to do so with Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz is also for STAB and Hidden Power Groun for Heatrans (since you can really hit it with Bug Buzz and they usually have Flash Fire so you can't hit them with Fiery Dance) or Grass for Quagsires, Water and Rock Type Pokemon.
It's stats. It could also work with Hurricane instead of Hidden Power. Give it Leftovers or Life Orb for items and increase it's Special Attack and Lower it's Attack with nature.
#4GastroFanPosted 3/11/2012 10:19:50 AM
LyonDRC posted...
I always use it with Fiery Dance, Quiver Dance, Hidden Power (Ground or Grass) and Bug Buzz. Quiver Dance is obviously to increase the status and sweep. Fiery Dance is for STAB plus if you didn't increase your Special Attack to x6 with Quiver Dance you might have the chance to do so with Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz is also for STAB and Hidden Power Groun for Heatrans (since you can really hit it with Bug Buzz and they usually have Flash Fire so you can't hit them with Fiery Dance) or Grass for Quagsires, Water and Rock Type Pokemon.
It's stats. It could also work with Hurricane instead of Hidden Power. Give it Leftovers or Life Orb for items and increase it's Special Attack and Lower it's Attack with nature.

I have one question since I have a Timid Larvesta I'd like to evolve into Volcarona. At what level does Larvesta/Volcarona learn Fiery Dance or do you need to get it from another pokemon like Dragon Dance for Lapras?
#5Mariofan15Posted 3/11/2012 12:22:27 PM

LyonDRC posted...

I have one question since I have a Timid Larvesta I'd like to evolve into Volcarona. At what level does Larvesta/Volcarona learn Fiery Dance or do you need to get it from another pokemon like Dragon Dance for Lapras?

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/637.shtml
---
Pokemon Black FC:3740-4363-8765
Pokemon White FC:1979-2643-0071
#6GastroFanPosted 3/13/2012 7:13:52 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
LyonDRC posted...

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/637.shtml

I was afraid of that. Volcarona learns Fiery Dance at Level 100 which is totally crazy. Then again since Heatran learns its ultimate move at Level 100 as well, I guess that I shouldn't have really been surprised to see Volcarona follow that script.