This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully this game is NOT connected to previous gen formulas

#1GQ23Posted 4/10/2010 8:13:51 AM
I want to see new formulas, the old ones have been figured out used and abused.

<- Go
#2PuruglyPosted 4/10/2010 8:27:31 AM
So you want Pokémon to stop being Pokémon?
---
You forget, fool! This Purugly flies!
#3GQ23(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2010 8:43:34 AM
Stat formulas - I guess I wasn't very specific - redo EV's,IV's, 10% +-, - something similar would be fine, but this system has been in place for long enough.

It's not even that complex.
#4DrakhanLordPosted 4/10/2010 8:45:04 AM
^Agreed. Besides, Nintendo, I highly doubt, is going to break the base on this one. It's been too well developed and too much work put into it to drop it. Let's just hope for additions that really shift how we strategize, like the Natures and Abilities system did from II to III.

---
"Time is money, and everyone wants more time."
#5GQ23(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2010 9:11:29 AM
The same general format of catch pokemon check for high IV and good nature, reset, catch,check reset, catch....

A new formula could break this chain. Might also make for some better security checks.

Completely unrelated and stated before:
The shiny system..........what's the point of making them rare when most people just grab a hacked one off the trade center or make it themselves.
#6lordlugia_rocksPosted 4/10/2010 9:22:15 AM
If you want the formula changed so bad tell us how it should be changed because to me the system is nearly flawless.
---
pokemon soulsilver friend code: 4769-9681-3044
Join the SILVER SOLDIERS!
#7KEN181Posted 4/10/2010 9:47:54 AM
I'd like it if you could "educate" to turn a timid one into a jolly one or whatever, so you don't need to catch a new one if the nature isn't to your liking
---
Wilf > METROD > Phoenis PAUNCH!!!
Poke D/P Name: Rose FC: 4596 6778 0536
#8wolfensoul9Posted 4/10/2010 9:55:12 AM
Like the personality books in DQ 3^? This could work.
#9TaticalWarriorPosted 4/10/2010 10:26:22 AM
The same general format of catch pokemon check for high IV and good nature, reset, catch,check reset, catch....

A new formula could break this chain. Might also make for some better security checks.

Completely unrelated and stated before:
The shiny system..........what's the point of making them rare when most people just grab a hacked one off the trade center or make it themselves.

You are using the exceptions as rule. The game isn't supossed to play like that.
And the purpose of finding a shiny is personal. I would sure jump in joy when I find one.
And yes, the system looks simple, but it is really deep and complex.
---
English is not my official language. Sorry about the grammar. I believe in Jesus.
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?kjt4bq7me34