This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strength's and Weaknesses

#1lgguy87Posted 5/14/2010 4:43:10 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is over done. Most pokemone get knowed out after one hit and some pokemon have too many weaknesses. I think each type should have a number one weakness and a number two weakness and no others. I don't understand why fighting is weak against flying??? lol I would like to see the more your pokemon fights against its weakness and wins... it should become less weak against it. What do you guys think?

#2lordlugia_rocksPosted 5/14/2010 12:54:22 PM
the weakness are fine as is. it makes the pokes balanced. like how Dragon is weak to the common ice type move.
---
pokemon soulsilver friend code: 4769-9681-3044
Join the SILVER SOLDIERS!
#3FireIceBreathPosted 5/16/2010 7:51:14 AM
the only reason to agree would be abomasnow having 7 weakn esses, which annoys the hell out of me
---
20.345 / 100 Death__Ballad points
Earned by Chocobolove
#4zurcnPosted 5/18/2010 8:23:02 AM
ice has good offense and poor defense

poison has good defense and poor offense

it's balance
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
#5GlaceonIcePosted 5/24/2010 3:02:05 PM
The weaknesses are fine as they are. Also, how do you not get the weakness Fighting has to Flying? Have you ever seen somebody try to fight with a live, untamed bird with his fists and feet? No, because the bird could easily just fly up to a height the fighter could never reach.
---
This signature was so awesome it exploded because this cramped space that held it couldn't contain the awesomeness.
#6GeneralWooIPosted 5/24/2010 5:13:06 PM

The weaknesses are fine as they are. Also, how do you not get the weakness Fighting has to Flying? Have you ever seen somebody try to fight with a live, untamed bird with his fists and feet? No, because the bird could easily just fly up to a height the fighter could never reach.

HADOKEN!

Random bird fainted!
---
Pretty moronic they package this when the place is only in FOUR STATES
I'm not going across the continent to get a taco...
-skinnyguy1234
#7jamescom1Posted 5/24/2010 10:09:11 PM
Also, how do you not get the weakness Fighting has to Flying? Have you ever seen somebody try to fight with a live, untamed bird with his fists and feet? No, because the bird could easily just fly up to a height the fighter could never reach.

True that. But then why isn't Normal weak against Flying as well? Also, if fists and feet are a problem, then what about Aura Sphere and Focus Blast (and maybe Vacuum Wave)? And if height is a problem, then what about, say, Staraptor's Close Combat?

---
"If you want to understand, words are never a problem."
--Rena Lanford, Star Ocean: The Second Story
#8over8999Posted 5/25/2010 12:54:14 AM

Also, how do you not get the weakness Fighting has to Flying? Have you ever seen somebody try to fight with a live, untamed bird with his fists and feet? No, because the bird could easily just fly up to a height the fighter could never reach.

True that. But then why isn't Normal weak against Flying as well? Also, if fists and feet are a problem, then what about Aura Sphere and Focus Blast (and maybe Vacuum Wave)? And if height is a problem, then what about, say, Staraptor's Close Combat?

Normal isn't weak because it's supposed to be that, "normal" ie, a neutral type. It covers just about eveything, and Steel and Rick are supposed to be generally very hard and resistant.

As for Aura Sphere, Focus Blast and Close Combat, well then, it's a video game. It doesn't have to make sense ^_^
---
FETO- A Fire Emblem Simulator MMORPG
http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?showforum=309
#9Octaivian_RexPosted 5/25/2010 4:10:13 AM

ice has good offense and poor defense

poison has good defense and poor offense

it's balance

Maybe if ice/poison typed Pokemon were the only Pokemon who could use ice/poison typed moves. The fact is you're almost never going to see ice types being used competitively (especially in a defensive role) because their typing is so terrible, if people need an ice move they'll give icebeam to a water type.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2q1xf68.png
Platinum FC: 4855-2364-5275
#10FoxReeveheartPosted 5/27/2010 12:40:43 PM
I think weaknesses should be based on a pokemon and not typing. this would help balancing.

Mono-typing weaknesses i'm fine with though. It's just that some dual types REALLY get shafted. Some pokemon you really want to play but find out they get reamed up the bum with tons of weaknesses and maybe some quads in common types.
---
Pokemon Pearl FC: 4811 3579 3575 Wifi DS name: Reevey
Brawl and Wii FC: 3523-1745-7604