This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EV training absol

#1idunno270Posted 4/25/2011 7:49:12 AM

ok so i am ev training my absol for speed and hp. it is level 13, holding power anklet and has pokerus. I am training against woobats in the cave near the day care and by my calculations i should have 80 evs on speed:

(1 (woobat speed ev) + 4 (power anklet evs)) * 2 (pokerus) = 10 then * 8 (amount killed)= 80

i am not noticing a drastic increase in the speed stat when i level up. I understand that this is probably due to my low level but will these evs eventualy level out and give the the correct speed boost? and if so around what level will this be?

(hope this makes sense)

#2nitttPosted 4/25/2011 8:01:50 AM
EV's are not calculated when you level up. Rather it is done right after the battle. I was wondering this too after I did an experiment.

Simple - look at the speed stat of your Absol. Then battle a lot of pokemon that give you Speed EVs. Then say after 100 EVs later, if it did not level up, look at Absol again. The stat should be higher since it is not by leveling up that the EVs get calculated but after battle. This allows for even Lv. 100s to be EV trained if you need to change something up. Helps lots.

Btw, yes the level of your Absol will not show immediate change either, but over time you will see it.

Best!
---
MWR code: 173-369-685-125 (my cause)
CoD: Black Ops (Wii) name - (THE WARCOW)
#3Bobbo_86Posted 4/25/2011 8:02:36 AM
All the guides I have read say you notice the biggest change at level 100. Thats when all the unused EVs go into the stat. Also I wanted to train an absol also for my team so could you tell me why you are doing speed and hp training and not speed and attack?
---
Friend Code: 0175-1379-7656 Pokemon White add me
PSN: Nefarious_Vector Cant wait for Brink and Portal 2!!
#4idunno270(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2011 8:03:21 AM

thanks thats really helpful

#5idunno270(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2011 8:11:47 AM

Bobbo_86 posted...
All the guides I have read say you notice the biggest change at level 100. Thats when all the unused EVs go into the stat. Also I wanted to train an absol also for my team so could you tell me why you are doing speed and hp training and not speed and attack?
---

I am doing speed and hp because my moveset is:

return

baton pass

swords dance

calm mind

so hopefully absols main purpose is to power up my team and i want it to survive long enough to do so. Thats the idea anyway

#6Bobbo_86Posted 4/25/2011 8:37:45 AM
Oh I see your using him to set up a sweeper. Not a bad idea thanks.
---