This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hidden abilities

#1Naruke10Posted 6/25/2013 9:56:13 AM
I just found out about hidden abilities and was wondering how you get Pokémon with them. Also would love to have a male Abra lvl one with the hidden ability if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated

RTS
#2Fayt98Posted 6/25/2013 10:28:24 AM
pokemon w/ hidden abilities can be found in Pokemon Dream World. abra is one of them that you can find, and the lowest level they start out at is 10. ONLY female pokemon on DW have the hidden ability.

go to en.pokemon-gl.com, register an account, add a game card (white and black 1 and 2) and tuck your pokemon in through Game Sync in-game.
#3Naruke10(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 12:09:45 PM
Okay thank you very much
#4Fayt98Posted 6/25/2013 12:16:56 PM
no prob. i didn't know about hidden abilities or dream world till a friend of mine showed me. oh, also, i believe pokemon from the 3DS app, Pokemon Dream Radar have hidden abilities as well. don't remember if all hidden grotto pokemon have them, or if it's just the female pokemon, like in DW.

unfortunately Pokemon Global Link is under extended maintenance till 9pm ET (in the US, at least)
#5Akira1256Posted 6/25/2013 12:36:50 PM(edited)
Fayt98 posted...
ONLY female pokemon on DW have the hidden ability.

No. Either males or females can have the alternate/'hidden' ability, including Dream World males. It's just that only the females can pass down the ability when breeding.

For Black and White, most of the hidden-ability Pokemon are only available through the Dream World, DW promotions, and trading. Black2/White2 add the ability to get them through Hidden Grottoes, as well as in-game trading and gifts (and, as mentioned, the Dream Radar).

Some are given as Mystery Gift Pokemon, though that's usually only in Japan and a few other countries, not the US, IIRC.

For more information:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/games/hiddenabilityaccess.shtml
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#6Fayt98Posted 6/25/2013 1:33:21 PM
thx for clarifying everything everything, Akira.
---
FC: White 2 - 0906 3575 3345 Rene
White - 1636 2845 7676 Mouse
#7Naruke10(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 6:56:23 PM
I appreciate all the help I tried dream world once not know what it was but nothing happened. does it matter what pokemon sleeps?
#8Akira1256Posted 6/26/2013 12:45:06 AM(edited)
When did you attempt to use the Dream World?

I'm not sure if the restrictions have changed, but with Black/White, you should be able to use almost any Pokemon with the Dream World - the exceptions being any Pokemon that were given new Formes in Black2/White2 (Keldeo, Meloetta, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Kyurem, etc.), and any Pokemon with an ability that prevents them from going to sleep, IIRC.

The Type of the Pokemon you use has a chance of influencing which areas you'll visit in the Dream World, though I don't remember which Types influence which areas.
---
#9Fayt98Posted 6/26/2013 2:38:35 AM
Akira, when i've been going on DW, when i get to the tree, and it shows some of the pokemon that are sleeping, and i've seen Meloetta, Tornadus, Thundurus, (don't remember if i saw Landorus), Genesect, and Keldeo. i think, at least once, i saw a Deoxys. so event pokemon still apply, just from seeing those pokemon sleeping.

as for what type takes you to what area, check this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Dream_World#Island_of_Dreams

it shows how to unlock certain areas in BW and B2W2. it also gives you all info about you'll want to know (dream points, mini-games, etc) hope this helps
---
FC: White 2 - 0906 3575 3345 Rene
White - 1636 2845 7676 Mouse
#10Akira1256Posted 6/26/2013 10:38:20 AM
I don't know if they ever ruled out event Pokemon.

The Landorus, Keldeo, Meloetta you saw at the Tree could have been from B2W2 users, I don't know. I haven't used my White game with the Dream World since around the time B2W2 was released, and at the time, they weren't allowing you to use the Pokemon I mentioned in Black/White. (Hence why I said I didn't know if they ended that restriction. :) )
---