This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna try and get a shiny Chinchou

#1Radbot42Posted 8/4/2013 7:43:58 AM
How long do you think it will take?

Chinchou is one of my favorite pokemon and it's shiny looks really cool being two of my favorite colors when lanturn, purple and green. It just sucks that I have to fish for it.
---
This is my NIGHTMARE!
#2Radbot42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 7:47:16 AM
I know that it's going to take forever but what do you think would be faster, fishing or breeding?
---
This is my NIGHTMARE!
#3ghost_tailsPosted 8/5/2013 1:15:59 AM
Both will take an incredibly long time. Here's some advice.

Breeding generally has better odds of producing a shiny, but unless you're using the Masuda method, it's not worth the extra time to produce and hatch the eggs. Not to mention taking up all the space in your PC until you finally release them all. The Masuda method isn't all that much more effective, but it does significantly increase your odds. If the parents of the pokemon are from different languages, the odds of producing a shiny are higher. But not by enough. It's rather frustrating.

If you're not afraid to pull your hair out, you can try RNG abuse. This exploits the way the games produce their random numbers to ensure you encounter/breed/whatever the perfect pokemon. Or at least something close. It's insanely complicated if you're not familiar with it, but it works. And it's legit.

Whatever you do, good luck. Since they removed chaining, you're gonna need it.

(Numbers: Any time you encounter a pokemon, there is a 0.01220703125% chance it will be shiny. Ordinarily, a bred pokemon will have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny. The Masuda method increases this to 3/4096. The shiny charm, though implemented only in versions 2, increases the encounter rate to 1 in 2730 and will also improve the Masuda method.)
#4ralphelvPosted 9/4/2013 7:56:50 PM
if you want i can give you a shiny one
#5amtirPosted 9/5/2013 4:47:53 AM
Shiny RNG in White is really hard!!
---
say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#6ShadowShirePosted 9/6/2013 9:26:48 AM
I would also suggest RNG. Its difficult to understand at first, but its much easier when you get the hang of it. Another advantage is that B/W is easiest to RNG. If you are planning to buy the sequels,B2/W2 is not recommended because its harder to find seeds and you currently can't RNG eggs in those games.
#7amtirPosted 10/1/2013 6:54:05 AM
ShadowShire posted...
I would also suggest RNG. Its difficult to understand at first, but its much easier when you get the hang of it. Another advantage is that B/W is easiest to RNG. If you are planning to buy the sequels,B2/W2 is not recommended because its harder to find seeds and you currently can't RNG eggs in those games.

Can u send me some link. I RNG a lot on Gen 4. But for Gen 5 i dont even understand how to find the seed.
---
say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa