This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RNG Abuse breeding help

#1ghost_tailsPosted 8/5/2013 1:02:10 AM
For those of you RNG wizards, I'm running into a problem. I haven't done breeding before, so I thought I'd give it a shot and go for a shiny magikarp since they hatch so fast. I can consistently hit my seed, but I'm having a bit of difficulty with my frame advances. Standing in front of the day care man, I need to advance 18 frames, if my initial calculations were correct. Swapping between my two Chatot which both have a recorded chatter 18 times, I ended up 20 frames under the target. This happened several times. I decided to try advancing the frames 38 times, and got 20 frames over. 28 advances put me ten frames over. I'm quite confused as to what I did wrong. In the meantime, I guess I'll try 18 advances a few more times, it seems most likely that the problem is there to me.

More information:

System: Cosmo Black 3DS
Game: English White Version 1
MAC Address: 40F407AAF79E
Program: RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
Mother: Magikarp IVs 27, 15, 18, 20, 18, 31
Father: Ditto IVs 21, 4, 30, 4, 25, 25
Target Frame: 74
Target IVs: 21, 4, 2, 15, 25, 23

There are no everstones, international pokemon, or shining emblems complicating things. My party consists of 1 Volcarona, 2 Chatot, and a Maractus prior to receiving the egg.
#2Jonno017Posted 8/16/2013 10:08:35 PM
It's possible that you are being timer0 trolled. But since you have had success RNGing before, I sort of doubt it.

Or, as I have sometimes found, you are probably not hitting your seed and are actually starting somewhere else.

Something else to try is make sure you are booting up the game at your appropriate time (~8 seconds for 3DS, I believe) and try doing one chat advance, then 5, and so on until you are sure you are hitting your spread.

Also, you could try booting up the game (the first 'A' hit) at different moments of the second. For me, I usually get a little off if I hit A right when the clock flips, whereas I tend to get a perfect spread if I hit it just a moment (hundredth of a second) after the flip.

I use a DSi and have only done RNG breeding, so that's my experience.
---
White FC: 0948-1867-9774
Name: Jonno
#3darkzero297Posted 8/26/2013 8:36:04 PM
As the previous poster said, you may be getting trolled. My RNG is a bit strange too. I always have to stop 1 frame short of where I am supposed to stop to get it right for some reason. You just have to experiment and figure out what is going on. It is kind of hard to advise you without actually being there and seeing everything that is happening.
---
Kirbyhameha!!!
(>")>(())>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>))
#4darkzero297Posted 8/26/2013 8:36:56 PM
Also,, you only need to record for one Chatot. They will both share the same recording.
---
Kirbyhameha!!!
(>")>(())>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>))