This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Long Does it Takes Until Beating the Elite Four?

#1InfestedAdamPosted 10/13/2013 7:27:23 PM
I bought this game around the release date and only got to the first or second gym leader before taking a long break. With the release of Pokemon X/Y I want to at least finish this game before starting the next, mostly to clear my backlog of games and to justify the money spent on the game.

If I more or less just plow through the game with my starter taking all the experience and maybe doing some optional stuff roughly how long will it take until I can beat the Elite Four?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Thank you
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2x_tremechaosPosted 10/15/2013 2:58:08 PM
First off, you're not going to get very far if you're just going to power level the starter and not train anything else. The game had an experience rebalance so that exp gets worse and worse over time if you try to grind something like a level 30 in a level 20 area. If the devs wanted a reason to justify having multiple Mons being at an average team level, this is a pretty legit one.

Overall though, I'd say that for most people who can dedicate time to it, it should take about 10 hours total to reach the Elite Four if you do time saving stuff like turning off the battle images and skipping the story. It's a rough estimate, but it wasn't that hard for me to get to the E4 when all I did was run around looking for TMs
---
SoulSilver Nuzlocke Team: Blaze (Quilava), Rascacielo (Pidgeot), BoPeep (Ampharos), Vash (Tauros), Cielo Luce (Togetic), Sabata (Eevee)
#3InfestedAdam(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 8:16:56 AM
Thanks for the response, 10 hours is shorter than I expected. I guess if I just play like normal it won't take much longer then.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"