This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding and Abilities - I'm dying here :( Help!

#1Mary_ContraryPosted 10/17/2013 1:10:16 AM
I don't ask for much. All I want is a level 1 Axew with Mold Breaker, an amazing ability.

I have two parent Axews, each with Mold Breaker. They've produced EIGHT children, all with Rivalry, a terrible ability.

I've read every FAQ and wiki on breeding and abilities and everything seems to say that it is either 50/50 to get either ability, or in Gen V, an 80% to inherit the mom's ability. Statistically producing 8 children with Rivalry is... incredibly unlikely.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Am I just horribly unlucky? Please help!
#2Mary_Contrary(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 1:42:28 AM
Oh thank goodness. I just hatched four more eggs, and on the 12th offspring, I finally got Mold Breaker! And with an Adamant nature, no less!
#3666overlord666Posted 10/25/2013 6:12:38 AM
that is awesome what does mold breaker do though
---
PS3 Tag - Barrak1989
Pokemon White FC - 5416 1538 7236
#4Mary_Contrary(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 8:16:43 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mold_Breaker

Mold Breaker basically nullifies all sorts of other abilities other Pokemon have:

"Mold Breaker nullifies the following Abilities (even if they would end up boosting the power of the Mold Breaker Pokémon's move): Battle Armor, Clear Body, Damp, Dry Skin, Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Heatproof, Hyper Cutter, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Lightningrod, Limber, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Oblivious, Own Tempo, Sand Veil, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Simple, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Soundproof, Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tangled Feet, Thick Fat, Unaware, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Water Veil, White Smoke, and Wonder Guard. "

Probably most important in this case is Levitate, allowing Haxerous to use moves like Earthquake on a lot of enemies it wouldn't be able to use it on otherwise. It's especially good against Eelektross, for instance, who is an Electric type with zero weakness ordinarily because it also has levitate.