This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete Noob - Starting Out for the 2nd time

#1Kcrone1988Posted 11/19/2013 7:53:16 AM
Setting the scene - The last pokemon game I played was Pokemon Blue which I purchased on release date. I have purchased this game on eBay and it is on its way...Yay

Ok can people provide me with some basic information I need to know, things I need to look out for and any information you think would be helpful to someone who has not played or followed Pokemon for 15 ish years.

Thanking you in advance
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#2666overlord666Posted 11/19/2013 9:38:05 AM
this is a while away, but after you have completed the game keep your eyes peeled for news of weather abnormalities as these will lead you to one of the games legendaries
---
PS3 Tag - Barrak1989
Pokemon White FC - 5416 1538 7236
#3SSimplePosted 11/19/2013 6:57:44 PM
So, a lot has changed in the mechanics of the game. Therefore, I'll just list some highlights from each gen:

gen 2: the addition of steel and dark types, genders, pokemon breeding, time specific events, the battle tower
gen 3: abilities, either active or passive that can help in or out of battle; double battles
gen 4: the physical/special split; moves are now individually either physical or special, the ability to connect games via the ds' wifi (so long cables!)
gen 5: triple and rotation battles, dream world abilities

500+ new pokemon, new evolutions, and a ton of new moves

What's different about gen 5 compared to all the others though is that no pokemon from previous games will show up until you have beaten the game. So it really is like you've started anew in this franchise. I'd maybe recommend reading up on the stuff first, or even go blind. It might be a unique, fun experience.
This is probably a lot to absorb at once :P
---
White 2 FC- 4299 1080 3523
3DS FC- 2406 6226 8805
#4Kcrone1988(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 7:37:23 AM
How crazy that I cant catch a Charmander until I complete the game. It should arrive in the next couple of days so will throw myself in the deep end and see how I get on
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)