Pokemon White in-game team building advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon White Version
  3. Pokemon White in-game team building advice?

User Info: alossforwords

alossforwords
3 years ago#1
So, I am replaying Pokémon White for the second time now, and actually trying to build a nice team this time around to keep the Save File for future reference, before I move on into the new generation (Yes, I know, I'm a bit late on the bandwagon).

NOTE: Considering this is for in-game, I don't really care about either EV's or Natures, asides from the basic physical/special pendulum so I can know where to pend offensively. I won't include those since I don't intend in actually breeding, and they're not too relevant for my goal.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice in completing my team. Here's what I've put together so far:

Lv. 50 Darmanitan (m)
Ability: Sheer Force
Predominant stats: Attack, Speed
- Hammer Arm
- Superpower
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch

Lv. 50 Reuniclus (m)
Ability: Overcoat
Predominant stats: Sp. Attack
- Rock Tomb
- Dizzy Punch
- Psychic
- Recover

Lv. 50 Beartic (f)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Predominant stats: Attack
- Icicle Crash
- Slash
- Rest
- Blizzard

Lv. 50 Galvantula (f)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Predominant stats: Sp. Attack, Speed
- Signal Beam
- Electroweb
- Bug Bite
- Electro Ball

Lv. 50 Carracosta (m)
Ability: Sturdy
Predominant stats: Defense
- Aqua Jet
- Smack Down
- Crunch
- Surf

The last slot is currently unfilled. Here's what I was training for that last spot, but I'm not very pleased:

Lv. 37 Cofagrigus (m)
Ability: Mummy
Predominant stats: Defense
- Payback
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

As you can see, I have literally no items figured out yet, and I'm also not very happy with the team overall because I was very sloppy with everything. Didn't have a goal when training any of them and might have made wrong decisions in movesets.

Either way, any kind of criticism is welcome, just have in mind:
- I'm not willing to replace Darmatian in this team
- Reuniclus is very incomplete and I have no idea about the movepool. I don't actually think what I have right now is good, please don't judge!
- I'm working on getting Hail for Beartic
- I have Thunder for Galvantula, but don't know what to get rid of.
- I have Rest for Cofagrigus, but same as the line above, don't know what to get rid of.
- I do not have the opportunity to trade Pokémon with anybody, so I am limited to in-game, adventure-acquirable Pokémon/Items.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon White Version
  3. Pokemon White in-game team building advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived