This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rock Slide VS. Rock Blast

#1TurtlesFC_altPosted 12/26/2013 7:20:46 AM
ATM my (evolved) Dweble has both of those moves because I can't choose between them, but I want to delete one of them for rock polish or possible stealth rock (works wonders against gym leader and bosses, against the electric gym I defeated an emolga by just stealth rock attacks cos it kept volt switching xD).

Rock Slide:
90 accuracy
75 power
10 pp
May cause flinching

Rock Blast:
90 accuracy
25 power (per blast)
10 pp
Hits 2-5 times
----------------------------

The flinch from rock slide is really nice, but rock blast has the possibility to hit 4 or 5 times causing a ton of damage (with STAB). Right now I think I prefer Rock Blast cos I think it's cooler :)

Can someone help though to say which is better? cheers.

Also, My evolved Dwebble (forgot it's name lol) also has X-scissor (found a TM) and Slash. Hopefully stealth rock or rock polish will replace either rock blast or rock slide.
---
T-U-R-T-L-E-S
#2PokemonVeteranPosted 12/26/2013 12:25:54 PM
Rock slide is better.

As you pointed out, it has higher power and the same accuracy, as well as possible flinching.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdzY9TGu1c&feature=relmfu
#3GastroFanPosted 1/11/2014 8:43:27 AM
PokemonVeteran posted...
Rock slide is better.

As you pointed out, it has higher power and the same accuracy, as well as possible flinching.

Also Rock Slide works better against flying types such as Emolga than Rock Blast due to its power. If you plan to battle against any flying types, Rock Slide can be your best friend.