This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Playthrough:Pokemon Suggestions?

#1Matty0289Posted 3/26/2014 1:31:08 AM
Hey, so I started this game a few months ago and got 3 badges- but stopped playing as new games came out for other systems. Now recently I played through HeartGold, FireRed, and now started a New Game on White. For some reason, it just feels a little more difficult, and NONE of these pokemon are ones I'm familiar with. A complete 100% New Generation for me.

I tried using Purrloin for awhile because it's a Dark Type, and most games it's not until later you get Dark Types. (And I loved Umbreon. =) I got Purrloin to level 16- and it still barely does any damage, and gets KO'd by almost anything its level.
I thought of using Munna since it's Psychic, but I don't want to end up with another Purrloin.

Normally by now in other Pokemon games, I have at least 3-4 pokemon I decide on using in my party.
Starter- (Usually Fire).
Bird.
Grass.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for what I should use so I don't waste my time training up a pokemon that isn't all that great, and I find that out later when it will take forever to train up a new one?

My team so far:
Pignite: Fire/Fighting Lv 20
Pidove: Bird Lv 19
Blitzle: Lightning Lv 18

? Looking at previous posts, Sandile seems like a good choice for a later game?
? I found a Tympole which is a water, but I don't even know what type Sandile is. I don't wanna end up with 2 Water types. I imagine its water, since it's a Crocodile. =-P
?
So, anyone have any recommendations for other types for my team?
This will be an In-Game only team. =-P

At least 3

Preferably
1 Grass,
1 Dragon/Ice
1 ?
And, I dunno what else.

Thanks!
---
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf
#2PokemonVeteranPosted 3/26/2014 6:24:46 AM
Purrloin is basically 5th gen's version of meowth. It'll be fast, but it won't really get any substantial offensive power, even when it evolves.

Sandile is a dark/ground type pokemon. It's fairly strong and learns pretty good moves.

I'd recommend going to Wellspring Cave (i think that's the name), and running around til you see dust clouds and walk into one. That way you could catch a Drilbur, which is a pure ground type that evolves into a ground/steel type. It learns very strong moves and it's fairly fast.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdzY9TGu1c&feature=relmfu
#3Matty0289(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:00:24 AM
I caught a Drillbur last night if I'm thinking of the right one. I was chasing some Plasma Members getting a pokemon back for some girl. It's the Mole pokemon with 2 drills for its snout.

Thanks.
---
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf