Trying to recruit goddesses (question about landmass shares)

#1will57Posted 12/11/2011 6:24:42 PM(edited)
I'm currently trying to recruit all of the other three goddesses (Black Heart, White Heart, and Green Heart). I'm highest in Lastation's share amount so I figure i'd try that first. I'm looking as I pick through what missions to do, and making sure I don't choose something that will cause my share to go down until I finish recruiting Black Heart, but I can't tell if there is any progress at all.

Basically since i'm just stumbling through this all, trying to figure everything out with as much as I currently know, could someone perhaps explain the whole landmass shares, and recruiting goddesses to me? Other than how to obtain each goddess (through landmass shares) I don't really know anything else. I can hardly tell if any of the bars are moving up at all, come to think of it I can hardly read the percentage of each landmass on my screen. Although I assume nothing can be done about that.

Also yes, I have checked the FAQ, all that said was that I was going to have to do some grinding. I understand that but I sort of need some sort of details to point me in the right direction.
---
Currently playing-Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3). Currently waiting the release of Atelier Meruru (PS3, Spring 2012) and Mass Effect 3 (PS3,March 6)
#2MogMoogle1Posted 12/11/2011 6:51:16 PM
Main things to know:

- Story dungeons don't affect shares
- Generally, dungeons located at their designated landmasses boosts shares for that landmass, with the exception of a few dungeons
- Special events happen around 30% shares with the last events around 50%.
- You can not do goddess recruitment events till around end game(pretty much when you are about head to the final dungeon)
- Leaving a non-story dungeon or having a Goddess fall in battle causes shares to be transferred to "Others", with some of the shares permanently lost for that play through
- Shares are gained only by losing shares from other landmasses, therefore, if Planeptune is at the base of 10% shares, dungeons that give you Lastation shares via Planeptune shares will not transfer any shares
- Once you do the events with Nisa and have her join your team, you can view your share holdings throughout all landmasses

As a tip, you probably shouldn't worry about the landmass shares till end game, when it actually matters. Also, whatever you do, do NOT let Neptune die in battle... or any goddesses for that matter. Landmass shares from the goddess who dies in battle will be both lost and moved to "Others", and doing so often will lock you out of recruitment of other goddesses.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
#3will57(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 7:07:49 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
Main things to know:

- Story dungeons don't affect shares
- Generally, dungeons located at their designated landmasses boosts shares for that landmass, with the exception of a few dungeons
- Special events happen around 30% shares with the last events around 50%.
- You can not do goddess recruitment events till around end game(pretty much when you are about head to the final dungeon)
- Leaving a non-story dungeon or having a Goddess fall in battle causes shares to be transferred to "Others", with some of the shares permanently lost for that play through
- Shares are gained only by losing shares from other landmasses, therefore, if Planeptune is at the base of 10% shares, dungeons that give you Lastation shares via Planeptune shares will not transfer any shares
- Once you do the events with Nisa and have her join your team, you can view your share holdings throughout all landmasses

As a tip, you probably shouldn't worry about the landmass shares till end game, when it actually matters. Also, whatever you do, do NOT let Neptune die in battle... or any goddesses for that matter. Landmass shares from the goddess who dies in battle will be both lost and moved to "Others", and doing so often will lock you out of recruitment of other goddesses.

Well i'm near the end. I'm assuming i can recruit them since Histoire said I SHOULD recruit them (I probably don't have to, but I want to). Neptune has died quite a few times, but should that matter? I just need the other three since Neptune's the main character. I can't tell the percentage of the shares, but I can guess it (I have NISA of course), I can't read the small writing that I assume is telling me the actual percentage.

If I dont' have anything to lose, can I still gain shares (probably a dumb question), since i'm not that far in any other landmasses yet (for some reason i'm like either almost at half or at half of Lastations share percentage from what I can tell).

so...I guess there's not much detail to this other than raise your shares, and you'll get to it eventually, that type of deal? Well I just hope I have not ruined my chance on getting any of the goddesses (seeing as you said some of the losses may be permanent).

Anyway though thanks for all the information.
---
Currently playing-Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3). Currently waiting the release of Atelier Meruru (PS3, Spring 2012) and Mass Effect 3 (PS3,March 6)
#4MogMoogle1Posted 12/11/2011 7:16:54 PM
will57 posted...
Well i'm near the end. I'm assuming i can recruit them since Histoire said I SHOULD recruit them (I probably don't have to, but I want to). Neptune has died quite a few times, but should that matter?

Yes it matters, you gain landmass shares by losing it from another landmass. No landmass from Planeptune means nothing to transfer to other landmasses from Planeptune. If you lose enough, you eventually don't have enough total shares to transfer, thus locking yourself out of recruitment.

I just need the other three since Neptune's the main character. I can't tell the percentage of the shares, but I can guess it (I have NISA of course), I can't read the small writing that I assume is telling me the actual percentage.

There isn't really a percentage from what I can tell, just the bar. You just have to keep going those dungeons to make a difference. For example, you have 30% shares for Lowee, and 10% from Planeptune. Doing dungeons that transfers Planeptune shares to Lastation will do nothing for Lastation, but since there is more than 10% shares at Lowee, dungeons that drain from Lowee will transfer to Lastation.

If I dont' have anything to lose, can I still gain shares (probably a dumb question), since i'm not that far in any other landmasses yet (for some reason i'm like either almost at half or at half of Lastations share percentage from what I can tell).

Like I said, if you have nothing to transfer from other landmasses, you've maxed out on shares and need to do dungeons from other landmasses that have more than 10% shares.

so...I guess there's not much detail to this other than raise your shares, and you'll get to it eventually, that type of deal? Well I just hope I have not ruined my chance on getting any of the goddesses (seeing as you said some of the losses may be permanent).

Anyway though thanks for all the information.

From what you said about Neptune dying a lot in battle... you may have locked yourself out.
---
#5will57(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 1:20:49 PM
Now than...would a lot be only dying maybe five times in total? I can't imagine it being anything other than ten at most. Compa how ever took forever to level up since she kept dying, and she still dyes every now and then (but that's irrelevant).
---
#6MogMoogle1Posted 12/12/2011 4:07:53 PM
Compa, IF, and DLC characters(Nisa, Gust, 5pb, and Red) can die as much as they like, they won't affect the shares at all.

Have you been leaving dungeons without completing them? That is also another method of permanently losing landmass shares.

Also, the recruitment, if I can remember correctly, does not actually happen UNTIL after getting rejected by all 3 goddesses. You'll then recollect about all of it, and once that's done, you can go back and convince each goddesses.

What I typically do when bumping up shares is look at the colored bar and see what moves, since certain dungeons transfers more shares than others.

Also, if you wanna know specific dungeons and what transfers, just look at the guide. Any dungeons labeled (Optional) transfer shares, and if you go to that part of the FAQ, it'll tell you what shares are allocated.
---
#7will57(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 4:32:04 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
Compa, IF, and DLC characters(Nisa, Gust, 5pb, and Red) can die as much as they like, they won't affect the shares at all.

Have you been leaving dungeons without completing them? That is also another method of permanently losing landmass shares.

Also, the recruitment, if I can remember correctly, does not actually happen UNTIL after getting rejected by all 3 goddesses. You'll then recollect about all of it, and once that's done, you can go back and convince each goddesses.

What I typically do when bumping up shares is look at the colored bar and see what moves, since certain dungeons transfers more shares than others.

Also, if you wanna know specific dungeons and what transfers, just look at the guide. Any dungeons labeled (Optional) transfer shares, and if you go to that part of the FAQ, it'll tell you what shares are allocated.

Damn...I have no idea if I messed up my chances now, I did that only three times from what I remember, my shares look low on everything except Lastation. Lowee is probably 3/4 full, but Planeptune and Leanbox are both pretty low (Planeptune is like one purple line). Well, all I can do is hope for the best.

Also yeah I check to the shares on each dungeon.
---
#8MogMoogle1Posted 12/12/2011 4:48:07 PM
If anything, the final boss prior to recruiting all the goddesses is needed for completing the Tome for that shiny gold trophy(if you care for trophies). Which is why the guide says to beat it before recruiting the last goddess, start the clear data without going to NG+, and beat it again with the all of them recruited.

If anything, speed run through NG+, you'll keep your items, money, and levels. Half of the gameplay time is spent on events anyways, so you can do the skip button and zoom through it.
---
#9will57(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 6:08:06 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
If anything, the final boss prior to recruiting all the goddesses is needed for completing the Tome for that shiny gold trophy(if you care for trophies). Which is why the guide says to beat it before recruiting the last goddess, start the clear data without going to NG+, and beat it again with the all of them recruited.

If anything, speed run through NG+, you'll keep your items, money, and levels. Half of the gameplay time is spent on events anyways, so you can do the skip button and zoom through it.

This actually makes me consider doing the New Game+ then. I can tell pretty clearly i'm not going to make it to 100% on anything already, and I figure i'll just finish the main story. So New Game+ I can pretty much just run through everything without much difficulty?
---
#10MogMoogle1Posted 12/12/2011 6:50:17 PM
Yeah... well... depends also. Beat the game with most toons at lvl 99, so I've been one shotting most everything. Even my lvl 60s are one shotting some of the trash enemies. After about 2-3 hours of gameplay, just going through the main story dungeons, none of the optional ones, I got 2 key fragments and close to the 3rd.

You should atleast S rank all the optional dungeons, since ranking transfers too. It would also be a good way to power level your characters.
---