Map Editor for multiplayer alpha?

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 8/10/2010 12:39:23 PM
I am used to Omen Map Editor and NBTForge.............but they can't save to the filetype of multiplayer alpha.

There is MCEdit, which also can't really make own maps or save to that specific filetype.

So I am a bit stuck now, wanting to make my own maps. Have I missed anything or do we just need to wait for map editors to catch up?
---
Coming to the Wii: Conduit 2 --- Goldeneye 007 --- CoD: Black Ops Wii
Out now for PC: Minecraft
#2FatTony36Posted 8/11/2010 7:36:10 PM
The latest NBT Forge at http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6382 should work. I just removed some fires from my map.
#3Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2010 1:06:41 AM
thanks for you reply.

BUT, I have already tried that and I have NO idea how I am supposed to generate a new alpha map, add some crazy things to it and then make it usable for multiplayer alpha.

it saves to .mclvl filetype, isn't that pretty useless? I thought alpha multiplayer used some kind of .dat
---
#4FatTony36Posted 8/12/2010 4:22:09 AM
Well, when you boot up NBT Forge you get 3 options: New Indev Map, Open Indev Map, Open Alpha Map. I had an Alpha map randomly generated for my server, so now I can just open it up and edit it with NBT Forge.

If you do not have your own server, and thus can not have one generated, try this one - freshly generated.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=COHP5HE3
#5Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2010 11:51:41 AM
oh wow, thanks a lot man, it works!

I have one question though. It seems I can not go very far away with NBTForge, is that right? I mean, when I try to scroll to an other place, I soon see some kind of grey border in the map editor.
---
#6FatTony36Posted 8/12/2010 3:29:45 PM
Zoomed all the way out, you see a light gray boarder around the map. I'd say that's the extent of the map. You wind up on the other end, if you were traveling it in-game. It's still really quite large.
#7Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2010 1:01:04 AM
well it's pretty early on for me, but that is just a minor problem.

also, is there a way to edit the spawn point with NBTForge?
---
#8FatTony36Posted 8/13/2010 3:48:57 AM
Not that I'm aware of.
#9Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2010 10:37:30 AM
I found the way to edit the spawn point by the way.

Just right-click, and then it gives you the option to place the spawnpoint at where you right-clicked.
---