What's new and what's changed

#1QuakeMan87Posted 4/28/2013 8:13:39 PM
By the look of this game it appears that it's name was changed from XCOM to The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and was changed from an FPS to TPS (Third Person Shooter). However many gameplay elements from the original Title remained unchanged as well as it's RPG like squad system. It said that it will introduce players on how XCOM was started and eventually become organized from a group of FBI officials to a military organization and it will also introduce other events such as exploring the struggles of a scientist and cultural events tensions of the 1960's.
---
GT: Antares8782
#2QuakeMan87(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 6:01:08 PM
Also the game is not a reboot so no need to complain that it is a rebooted version of any other XCOM titles. It would serve as a beginning of the entire franchise.
---
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 5/6/2013 9:38:53 PM
Where is the heck is the gameplay? It's out in 4 months?
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#4SlamEggsnCheesePosted 5/7/2013 12:22:29 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Where is the heck is the gameplay? It's out in 4 months?

Yea, this is a red flag in my opinion. Hopefully I'm wrong.
#5QuakeMan87(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 3:55:25 PM
A gameplay video will show up soon, besides the game is almost finished.
---
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 5/7/2013 6:57:45 PM
And a live action trailer? Bleh.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#7Board_hunter567Posted 5/9/2013 5:32:47 PM
It's a real shame this game gets the rap it does.
I'll admit, I was one who repeatedly panned the original reveal for looking like an attempt to cash-in on the X-COM name by tacking it onto an FPS. But even back then it was far from your run of the mill linear FPS romp and I wish I had realized that sooner. It probably would've helped if we knew about Enemy Unknown beforehand.

Anyway, the new info sounds really promising and it seems as if they've put the extra development time to good use. Hoping to see some gameplay soon.
#8QuakeMan87(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 7:00:10 AM
Also don't forget that the permadeath gameplay element from enemy unknown will also return in The Bureau.
---
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 5/10/2013 6:08:39 PM
Also don't forget that the permadeath gameplay element from enemy unknown will also return in The Bureau.

Why? That makes no sense. They are not even controllable.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#10QuakeMan87(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:46:11 PM
It's been a main feature in the XCOM series, if a teammate dies he's gone for good meaning he won't come back for the remainder of the game.
---