I've noticed something with Dante's moves

#1Twin_Blade_MikePosted 6/17/2010 1:11:27 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but he seems to have some sort of style switching mechanic. I've seen so many different moves that look like they should overlap, that the only thing I could imagine would be that he has a style switching mechanic.

I'll explain myself a bit better; if Dante does a move that is from the Swordmaster style from DMC3, and then does another, there is no flash. However, if he does a Swordmaster move and then a Gunslinger move, there is a flash and Dante's model kind of "jumps" a minute. Maybe a better explanation is needed:

Moves seen so far in MVC3:

Air Trick (Trickster style move, his teleport)
Stinger (dashing stab)
Helmet Breaker (overhead sword slam in air)
Million Stab (self explanitory, i've seen that flash on this move too)
High Time (launcher with sword)
Crystal (Swordmaster style move, ice spikes infront of Dante)
Million Carat (Swordmaster style move, ice spikes surround Dante on all sides)
Jet Stream (dashing slash with fire and wind swords, the difference in it and Stinger being multiple hits, no wall bounce)
Jam Session (Captain Corridor!)
Killer Bee (dive kick)
The Hammer (Swordmaster style move, overhead fist slam)
Wild Storm (Gunslinger style move, Dante puts his foot on an opponent while shooting down at them)
Rain Storm (Gunslinger style move, Dante jumps and spins in the air while firing down)
Fireworks (Gunslinger style move, Dante twirls a shotgun like nunchakus while shooting it)

Switching between any of the Gunslinger and Swordmaster style moves causes a white flash and Dante sort of hesitates a moment. Perhaps there is some sort of style change? I can't think of any other way this number of moves has no overlap.
#2Dragunov_4_everPosted 6/17/2010 1:16:36 PM
Or they're just Exchange button attacks. -_-

Just look at Deadpool. His Shoryuken is just an exchange attack for launching.

Every character has multiple exchange attacks - One for launching, One for knocking down, one for knocking back, ect.

Also look at Ironman. His hand-blaster was always just a heavy attack, even though it looks like it should be a special.

I've already seen Dante's special moves list. He only has like 4.

---
SSFIV mains: M.Bison, Guile, Deejay
#3Twin_Blade_Mike(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 1:19:02 PM
That special move list had 4 for everyone, it wasn't a full list. Dante, Deadpool, and Chris are evidence.
#4Dragunov_4_everPosted 6/17/2010 1:20:36 PM
Look at Chris Redfield too.

His movelist only really has one gun attack listed as a special, but yet he has multiple. It's because the appearance of the attack changes depending on the button pressed with the motion (light, medium, heavy)

Chris's light weapon attack was a sub-machine gun, his medium being a shotgun and his heavy being a magnum shot. It's basically just the special with different priorities, but the difference being in MvCc3 that some gain a different physical appearance.

Whilst Dante may only have around 4 specials, several of those specials may have different appearances for each attack button used in conjunction with the motion. Then like I previously said, you also have to take into account the exchange moves.

---
#5Twin_Blade_Mike(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 1:22:37 PM
I'm well aware of Exchange attacks. The Hammer is a QCF in the air, what is Killer Bee? If it's down + Exchange in the air, then what does that make Rain Storm or Helmet Breaker?
#6Dragunov_4_everPosted 6/17/2010 1:22:53 PM

That special move list had 4 for everyone, it wasn't a full list. Dante, Deadpool, and Chris are evidence.

Not true. You got in there from my next post, read it and you'll see. It was already confirmed that Chris's gun attack is different for the attack button used. This will be a feature that may carry on to many other MvC3 characters. Those movelists had all of everyone's current specials listed.

---
#7Dragunov_4_everPosted 6/17/2010 1:25:31 PM

I'm well aware of Exchange attacks. The Hammer is a QCF in the air, what is Killer Bee? If it's down + Exchange in the air, then what does that make Rain Storm or Helmet Breaker?

Probably either a Heavy attack or a special that can be used in the air, changing it's effect and appearance.

---
#8Psychochild27Posted 6/17/2010 1:25:58 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but he seems to have some sort of style switching mechanic. I've seen so many different moves that look like they should overlap, that the only thing I could imagine would be that he has a style switching mechanic.

I'll explain myself a bit better; if Dante does a move that is from the Swordmaster style from DMC3, and then does another, there is no flash. However, if he does a Swordmaster move and then a Gunslinger move, there is a flash and Dante's model kind of "jumps" a minute. Maybe a better explanation is needed:

That's the crazy-combo flash from DMC3. Million Stab, Million Carats, and Wild Stomp all had it and you could extend most Crazy Combo moves by just mashing the appropriate button like Hell. Looking at the moves that have it in MvC3, all it says to me is that you might be able to extend a move (See: Getting 4 hits out of Million Stab instead of two), not that it signifies any sort of style change mechanic.
#9Twin_Blade_Mike(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 1:26:00 PM
Using Chris, I can prove you're wrong. His taser stick move isn't in. I also read the thing about the gun changing depending on the input, but it mentioned machinegun, shotgun, and magnum. So, flamethrower came from, what?
#10The_BountyPosted 6/17/2010 1:28:24 PM

From: Twin_Blade_Mike | Posted: 6/17/2010 9:26:00 PM | #009
His taser stick move isn't in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V3M_6tEdbM#t=2m58s
---
What would happen is Pinocchio said "my nose will now grow?"