3D Character models from scratch

#1Mrpenguin454Posted 7/10/2010 5:01:57 PM
Okay I'm not really saying that I want these characters on the roster but for example if Tron Bonne, Servebot, and even the other Bonne don't appear on the roster that's kind of dumb. Why would they waste the time making the character model in the 3D and all the other reasons people support the only +30 roster (I support it just making a point), why wouldn't they just give them some moves and slap them on the roster? Stupid of me to say this I know and I'm sure someone will point out that's it's probably already been a topic that I haven't seen bc I don't sit on my computer all day on gamefaqs looking and reading every single topic on the MvC3 board. Okay done. What do you think?

---
Amaterasu must be in MvC3------ Kunoichi is in Samurai Warriors 3!
#2SkilletTheWhatPosted 7/10/2010 5:04:50 PM
There is so much more that goes into creating a character than their model and a couple light animations.

Seriously, the amount of work needed to create a character model and texture it is nothing. That's not what takes so long when making games like this, that's the easy stuff, it's the animating, working out hitboxes, balancing, etc, all the stuff you have to do with the model that makes it hard.

So no, it wouldn't be some easy process of "oh, we have the model, let's just make them playable!"
#3supershadonicPosted 7/10/2010 5:18:24 PM
This is using MT Framework but MT Framework is the Graphics engine. Otherwise the game clrealy shows using the TvC language. We already can see Ryu and Morrigan ripped. now wait just a minute when Capcom says characters are created from scratch, they actually mean the models or the textures. Rest I think Ryu and Morrigan's animations are soooo just like TvC.

But Capcom wont be ripping all characeters. There are 2 reason why Morrigan, Ryu and Chun Li are getting ripped in my opinion.

1 If you have a character with a Haouken, Shouryuken and Tatsu made, why would you again want to make the same character with a Hadouken, Shouryuken and Tatsu from scratch.

2 Ryu, Morrigan and Chun Li are in every MvC, TvC style versus game and they were like at their best in TvC in regaurds to animations and movesets so its good to have them ripped instead.

By the way one more thing, Frank probably will be ripped too. But rest assured, there wont be anymore ripped characters unless they are popular such as Zero.
Plus even the ripped characters might have some new moves such as Ryu having Diagonal upward and diagonal downward Shinku hadouken's in MvC3.
---
Mega Man X,Batsu and Soki for MvC3! Give us Megaman X!
Dirts:Paytendo(Nintendo) the 200xSued,Entertainment Absurd(EA),MoneySucker(Microsoft).Lairs(IGNLamespot)
#4MachineHead155Posted 7/10/2010 5:34:11 PM

SkilletTheWhat posted...
There is so much more that goes into creating a character than their model and a couple light animations.

Seriously, the amount of work needed to create a character model and texture it is nothing. That's not what takes so long when making games like this, that's the easy stuff, it's the animating, working out hitboxes, balancing, etc, all the stuff you have to do with the model that makes it hard.

So no, it wouldn't be some easy process of "oh, we have the model, let's just make them playable!"

QFT. TC,that's exactly what Capcom did with MvC2 and while it is a great game, no one can deny the unbalanced mess we ended up with in the end. Out of the 50+ characters in MvC2, only a small handful are actually playable. The rest of the cast is just a bunch of throwaways.

That's exactly what we're trying to avoid in this iteration and why Capcom is building the game from the ground up.