Supposed "leak" post deleted from iPlayWinner

#1CAW EvolutionPosted 10/11/2010 4:23:05 PM
Strange, mostly because it's actually believable and not too outlandish.

"First off, Capcom is doing an INCREDIBLE job at keeping this game close to their chest. I don't know much, but what I DO know I'll be more than glad to tell you. No, I don't work for Capcom, and neither do any friends or relatives -- but there are other outlets in the industry for this sort of information.

42 is indeed the magic number for playable characters.

DLC characters won't be happening, but Capcom is being tight-lipped on this for the time being. If the game launches as successfully as planned, you can definitely expect a significant retail update within a year including a handful of new characters.

March 22 is the tentative North American release date for the time being with Europe and Japan coming soon after. This can -- and probably will -- change, but development ends in February.

Starting in November, a new character will be revealed on a weekly basis on Capcom-Unity, Marvel.com and the Japanese site all the way until early March. There will be a Holiday break in late December/early January without any updates.

I know you guys like specifics, so I'll leave you with the "good stuff."

Bison and Viper are the final Street Fighter characters.
Strider is back.
Haggar is finally a playable character.
Classic Mega Man is back.
Zero is back from TVC.
Roll is NOT a playable character.

It's not much for now, but I'll let you guys know anything new as soon as I can verify.

Take care,
- M L"

---
RyanCE
Registration now open! TheNoMercyZone.clicdev.com
#2Lord_MizerPosted 10/11/2010 4:25:00 PM
I dunno about this.....
---
Hmmm. I'll kill him. I'll kill him dead. Like with, with a, rock or something. Like a, like a stone. -Master Pain/Betty
#3The_BlazrPosted 10/11/2010 4:25:09 PM
I believe it, many won't though. Seems credible enough
---
Official Soki of the MvC3 boards!
#4AlilatiasPosted 10/11/2010 4:25:44 PM
If he wanted to sound more credible, he should have included a few Marvel characters too.
---
How about I just walk up to you, take your cereal, punch you in the face, and say "/breakfast"? Yeah, not very nice. -frk_of_hpttln
#5Xfactor_HavokPosted 10/11/2010 4:26:14 PM
Sounds like its real
#6CAW Evolution(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2010 4:26:45 PM

If he wanted to sound more credible, he should have included a few Marvel characters too.

Maybe that has to do with his supposed source? I'm not going to believe it, but there's a possibility he doesn't know anything about the Marvel side.
---
RyanCE
Registration now open! TheNoMercyZone.clicdev.com
#7Vampire_Lord777Posted 10/11/2010 4:26:48 PM
Wow that list is terrible, Classic? wow really?
Re used Zero??
>_>
I hope to god this one`s fake
---
Official Topic DESTROYER
MHTri & Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Nemuu
#8Lord_Shadow_19Posted 10/11/2010 4:28:00 PM
If this is true (and I'll be open-minded since CAW is), it sucks that Haggar is in, but I shouldn't be too surprised.

No Marvel characters leaked though?

I WANT MY JUGGERNAUT!!!!!!!!
---
"A new genesis is at hand, and I will be the creator" ~ Albert Wesker
#9tiptup6666Posted 10/11/2010 4:28:11 PM
Wow,looks pretty legit.

BTW hoe many characters have been annouced yet?
---
PSN ID:YouHaveRROD
Come on, unless this topic was called "Ryu," the SF fans wouldn't select it.-The Cyborg Ninja
#10BatenKalasPosted 10/11/2010 4:29:08 PM
That sounds like a fantastic lineup from Capcom, which is what makes me apprehensive.. They seem very reluctant to bring back returning characters this time around (for whatever reason).

Still, the weekly character reveal thing sounds pretty plausable. I'm going to wait and see. I do not believe or disbelieve this yet.

---
The Review Depot - http://rev-depot.com/
Blog posts, current/retro reviews, indie games.