Is dr doom stronger than magneto?

#61ZeroBeats GhostPosted 10/24/2010 12:07:33 PM
Dr. Doom can crush a diamond the size of a very large diamond in his armored bare hands.
Magneto doesn't stand a chance.
---
ZeroBeat
Do androids dream of electric boogaloo?
#62thedeadsiderPosted 10/24/2010 12:43:11 PM
Mags has reversed the earth's polarity, pulled metal capsules to our planet from universes apart, and has created an asteroid.

Doom has beaten galactic class characters before, usually with planning and not brute force.

Like it or not, they are closer than you think, its comes down to the writer, or...

Doom has lost to Squirrel Girl, so mags would win. Course mags hasn't fought her yet either, of which he would lose. Currently, advantage Mags.
---
tehdeadsider just made more sense than anyone I've seen on LUE all morning. - richie259
Gamertag/PSN ID Deadsider
#63SleepNeededPosted 10/24/2010 12:48:40 PM
Squirrel Girl is the most powerful being in all of Marvel even Thanos falls to her so she should not be taken into account here..

---
"Dead people should be dead" Doug - [Scrubs]
PS3 ID: SleepNeeded127
#64tlcstormzPosted 10/24/2010 1:20:15 PM
Whoever said that Doom is one of the top 3 spellcasters in Marvel was 110% talking out of his bunghole.

Maybe top 10, but top 3??? No
---
24 Hours of banishment, IF it truly is MODOK that X-23 is jumping over in Episode 4.
Teach me how to love like you.....Have loved me.....Hosanna in the highest
#65tlcstormzPosted 10/24/2010 1:20:54 PM
Whoever said that Doom is one of the top 3 spellcasters in Marvel was 110% talking out of his bunghole.

---
24 Hours of banishment, IF it truly is MODOK that X-23 is jumping over in Episode 4.
Teach me how to love like you.....Have loved me.....Hosanna in the highest
#66GeouPosted 10/24/2010 2:13:20 PM
I've yet to see a good argument explaining how Magneto would win this fight, considering:

Magneto is not equally as genius as Dr. Doom. They're not on the same level. Even Thanos keeps a watchful and constant eye on Dr. Doom, for he knows his immense threat level.

Again - every time Magneto and Doom fought in the 616 universe, Doom came out on top. Magneto can't crush Doom. His powers are useless on Doom's physical form. Granted, he can still throw cars at him and such, but that's not nearly enough to try and take Doom down:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/41487/920356-doctor_doom_vs_magneto_3_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9055/1138660-doomarmor27_magneticpolaritysvtu14_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/1094460-xa98p30qq0_super.jpg

The proof's all there. And Doom can still take Magneto down with his attacks. For example, Magneto has no defense against a spell like this:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/300023-23606-doctor-doom_super.jpg

---
Excellence
#67v0m12Posted 10/24/2010 2:36:47 PM

Dr Doom is currently the number two human Spell Caster in the main 616 universe right under Dr Voodoo.
#68ItronTimePosted 10/24/2010 3:40:01 PM
The problem is I think Doom could potentially BEAT Magneto, but that doesn't make him stronger. I think Magneto is more powerful even if Doom likely wins in a straight one on one due to the technicality of his suit's immunity.
---
Official X-23 of the MvC3 boards
#69NeonivekPosted 10/24/2010 5:24:47 PM
"Magneto and Polaris are not the only ones to have used Magnetic attacks"

Right but they are the only people who can use magnetic attacks on non-magnetic materials.

For example while Ironman could never get a magnet strong enough to rip the braces out of a kid's face. Magneto however can.
#70k_gokuPosted 10/27/2010 3:16:27 PM
Geou, if you donīt mind, Iīm going to copy one of your posts from another topic here:

Recently, Dr. Doom was sent back hundreds of millions of years in the past by the Marquis of Death (an insanely powerful guy, has destroyed countless entire universes). At the same time, his blood was turned to stone, and his heart to acid; then, he was eaten by a megalodon. Yet Doom still survived through his hate alone, and literally rebuilt his body, molecule by molecule. Then he waited, and posed as the Marquis of Death's assistant for millions of years (so I guess Doom's immortal now). Then, at the right moment, he took his revenge and killed the Marquis of Death. He also had enough power to massacre a Watcher, which makes him pretty ridiculously powerful compared to before.

Here, Magneto goes home crying.