"The Spider And The Fly" = Morrigan And Iron Man

#1tlcstormzPosted 12/22/2010 9:00:05 PM
Here is my theory for Marvel VS Capcom 3's Achievement of "Copy This! (20) : Put an end to this game of spider and fly in a Xbox LIVE match."

It is a poem about SEDUCTION! And love, to an extent, but moreso about seducing someone until you have them right where you want them and then BAM!!!!!

People are confusing that poem with the phrase "Cat and Mouse" which speaks on a pair of long-term rivals. Therefore it being Spider-Man vs Venom, Green Goblin, Carnage (.....Lord), etc may not be the right train of thought.

The characters that we have seen thus far with hints at romance (that could end in disaster) are :

Morrigan and Iron Man
Morrigan and Chris
Iron Man and female characters, via opening dialogue and ending phrases
(Others?)

Characters with pre-existing romantic history or relationships that this achievement could fit would be :

Dr. Doom and Storm
Ryu and Chun - Li
Trish and Dante...kind of. lol
(Others?)

Along with this logic, we must also take into account the "WHERE" and the "Female Symbol" that are on the achievement's icon.

I can only assume that the "WHERE" is in reference to Morrigan's attempts to get Tony into bed, with him replying a (naughty boy) response of "When and WHERE?"

Althooooooooooooough...I have NO friggin clue as to what the "Copy THIS!" title comes from. lol. I am reaching a bit, but maybe it is a play on "Copy that," which is radio lingo for armed forces. He DOES say "Over and out," "Target acquired," "FIRE," and "Battle Mode Initiated."
---
Hulk's DECEMBER Calls : Rain Lady, Ring Man, Camera Man, Robot Boy.
Jesus is dying...Jesus is trying...Jesus is weeping...Jesus ain't sleeping.....
#2CAW EvolutionPosted 12/22/2010 9:01:08 PM
1. It is listed right under the rumored Akuma achievement.
According the only yet-to-be-disproved leaker, Akuma and Taskmaster are hidden characters. It would make sense that an achievement related to one hidden character is directly below the other.

2. That's an ankh, not a female gender symbol.
The ankh is an ancient Egyptian symbol of life. The skull and cross bones (on the Akuma icon) is a symbol of death. Life and death. They could be rivals.

3. Copy This!
Taskmaster copies powers. This is the most obvious hint.

4. Deadpool and Taskmaster enjoy a "spider and fly" relationship in the comics.
"A game of spider and fly" is an idiom originating from the Mary Howitt poem "The Spider and the Fly." In the poem, a spider tries to coax a fly into its den so the spider can eat the fly, but knowing what happens inside of the den, the fly does not enter. The spider then flatters the fly and eventually gets it to enter, ultimately eating the fly.

Consisely, "a game of spider and fly" means to walk into an obvious trap.

Deadpool has had a longstanding rivalry of sorts with Taskmaster. In the Civil War, Deadpool frees Taskmaster from prison, but the two get into a fight immediately after. This is an example of a spider and fly game, and there are countless others between the two. Deadpool and Taskmaster are the ultimate Marvel "frenemies."
---
RyanCE
#3mrjaegermeisterPosted 12/22/2010 9:08:45 PM
Possibly more simplistic than these theories.
Spiderman Vs. Spiderwoman
She can fly.
#4tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2010 9:11:29 PM
1. What hidden character does the Raccoon City achievement pertain to, exactly?

2. The Ankh and Female Symbol are extremely similar. I cannot say that it is NOT an ankh, just like you cannot say that it is not a female symbol.

3. Tony doesn't actually COPY powers...he has a photographic memory, which lets him imitate any movement that he sees done.

4. There are A FEW pairs of characters in this game that have the freenemies relationship.

:-)

Oh...and while Spider-Man vs Spider-Woman is an option, they have never shared a romance, nor have they ever had a rivalry. Also...if there is ANY "Jr." version of Spidey making it into this game, it will be Spider-GIRL.
---
#5SymonGPosted 12/22/2010 9:12:56 PM
I think it's Venom. The symbiote copies the traits of whatever creature it bonds with. Since Spider-Man had it first it copied some of his powers like his web and wall crawling abilities and gave them to Venom. Venom is always trying to catch Spider-Man too, so you can say they have a "Spider and the Fly" relationship. Venom also has a super where he shoots out a web and traps you just like a spider does. It's kind of a stretch but I still think it's Venom.
---
Gamertag: SG1228
Official Hulk of the MvC3 boards!
#6tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2010 9:17:45 PM
I had a SUPER LONG version of this thread all typed out, but then I deleted it. ROTF.

Venom was my number one guess, and then Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Spider-Girl, Spider-Woman, The Black Widow, The Black Cat, and Kaine were all discussed.

But Peter has never had romantic ties AND fights with any of them. Felicia, I guess, but her chances of being in this game are soooooooo low, unfortunately.
---
#7mrjaegermeisterPosted 12/22/2010 9:22:50 PM
Spiderman Vs. Spiderwoman
Copy this, check.
Female symbol, check.
Spider and fly, check.
Put an end to this game of spider and fly in a Xbox LIVE match.
Nowhere does it reference any relationship outside of the match up. If it said, the game, then perhaps. Maybe it's a stretch eh whatever.

Haha really I'm not saying she is in, just that I don't really see anything that rules out the possibility. It was someone else's idea even. It scares me a little bit, so if you say I'm wrong then good.

I don't even like her I hope it's just Taskmaster, just throwing it out there.
#8tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2010 9:31:37 PM
I have no idea who is right and who is wrong, all I know is that if they are keeping with the LITERAL (which no, they do not always do) meaning of "The Spider And The Fly" then there is a seduction and an eventual betrayal of faith, trust, love, sexual impulse, etc. going on.
---
#9KarsticlesPosted 12/22/2010 9:36:59 PM
Also, if it's an ankh, CrazyNinFan suggested it might be Moon Knight.
---
"Karst" for short.
PSN ID: Karsticles
#10Pfr ChaosPosted 12/22/2010 9:45:06 PM
Sad how everyone is ignoring CAW's post which is both well thought out and sensible.
---
meh