How to combo off of toy touch (Felicia)?

#1Dragonboy86Posted 8/13/2011 7:52:29 PM
Hey guys. Been practicing with Felicia lately and I'm kinda getting tired of just doing ground magic series, air magic series, toy touch>Dancing Flash. I've seen people do Toy Touch into what seems like m,m, h>combo shenanigans. I've been trying to do that as well, but i rarely hit the opponent with an air M after jump canceling. Is there a timing for it or am i supposed to do air M? I've been trying to find the annotation for that combo, but no luck. Can you guys help me.

Also, how strict is the timing for Rolling Buckler H~M>L? I have been trying to do that combo for a while now, but the L doesn't connect after the buckler? Help/Suggestions?
---
After seconds of painstaking research, I've discovered that it takes more skill to be a happy moron than a sad genius.
#2HeatherloverPosted 8/13/2011 7:53:05 PM
kinda hard it should be precise
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2 slim, PSP Prome-2, PS3 3.55+Kmeaw 120gb (500gb) slim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotI52vzLDM Jun Kazama
#3ajch22Posted 8/13/2011 8:47:23 PM
as far as I am concerned, she can only connect the toy touch to something else if it is at the beginning of a combo, otherwise your opponent will pop out like with Wesker's gun shot.
---
Official Sylphie of the MvC3 board!
#4solidoutlawPosted 8/13/2011 8:55:31 PM

Hit stun decay kicks in too much for you to OTG them into a relaunch (without an assist). But off of an air throw, or any hard knockdown (that early in the combo), she can OTG into a combo.

#5Dragonboy86(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 9:01:01 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
Hit stun decay kicks in too much for you to OTG them into a relaunch (without an assist). But off of an air throw, or any hard knockdown (that early in the combo), she can OTG into a combo.

Thank you. I just tested it out right now and your right. I just have two more questions.

1. After the toy touch off of the grab, I do air m, air m, air h, and air s. Is there anything else i can do after air s because the opponent pops out before i can link anything else. Or should i omit air s and go for a ground normal?

2. I'm using Haggar as the mid character cuz of his lariat and Ryu as my anchor with Hadoken as his assist. Is this an okay team set-up?

Thanks again for the advice.
---
After seconds of painstaking research, I've discovered that it takes more skill to be a happy moron than a sad genius.
#6solidoutlawPosted 8/13/2011 10:29:58 PM

You can air S, but it has to be very quick. The timing for that is pretty strict. I only hit it about 70-75% of the time. But the goal is usually to do the air series to a standing S. I would personally just learn to do the air MMHS.

As for your team, it seems fine. I used to have a team just like it, except I had Tron instead of Haggar.

#7HeatherloverPosted 8/14/2011 8:01:45 AM
Dragonboy86 posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

Thank you. I just tested it out right now and your right. I just have two more questions.

1. After the toy touch off of the grab, I do air m, air m, air h, and air s. Is there anything else i can do after air s because the opponent pops out before i can link anything else. Or should i omit air s and go for a ground normal?

2. I'm using Haggar as the mid character cuz of his lariat and Ryu as my anchor with Hadoken as his assist. Is this an okay team set-up?

Thanks again for the advice.

change ryu's with Sentinel's sentinel force assist or IM's Unibeam
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2 slim, PSP Prome-2, PS3 3.55+Kmeaw 120gb (500gb) slim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotI52vzLDM Jun Kazama
#8DrunkenPilot72Posted 8/16/2011 2:28:42 PM
Ideally an advanced combo with Felicia will contain the following

Rolling Buckler Slide > s.L link
This is a pretty tight link but it is key to getting an extended ground series before launching. The basic string looks like this

s.L, s.M. s.H, back + H, Rolling Buckler Slide, s.L, s.M, s.H, S

Low juggle off of Toy Touch
As stated earlier, the hit stun decay is pretty bad with Toy Touch so it is best to use it as quickly in a combo as possible if you want to get a low juggle off of it. The basic follow up looks like this

Hell Cat, OTG Toy Touch, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, s.S

Keep in mind that the timing between the j.S and s.S is very tight, Felicia needs to launch the opponent before they hit the ground.

With that in mind, here is the most basic of advanced Felicia combos

s.L, s.M. s.H, back + H, Rolling Buckler Slide, s.L, Toy Touch, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, s.S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, OTG Toy Touch, TK Dancing Flash

Finally there is also Felicia's Cat Spike L > s.L but that is her most strict link and shouldn't be attempted until you've mastered the Rolling Slide and low Toy Touch juggles.
---
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/Gaara48180/dpxrgp.jpg
MvC3 in a nutshell
#9OwlRammerPosted 8/16/2011 2:30:34 PM
with an attack
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.