Just started playing online after a year of playing offline. Need tips.

#1BigOlePappyPosted 8/8/2012 2:37:48 PM
I have played for about a year or so offline at MSU's video game club. I had a lot of success and was doing well with execution heavy characters.

My team is C.Viper/Nemmy/Strider

Nemesis stuff is about the same online, but I'm dropping a lot of my mid level and high level combos with C.Viper and Strider. Anyone else who plays these characters online know how to land their harder combos?

I having to double tap every input on Viper's box dash loops to land it and use EX seismo to make up for dropped timings. I do some stuff with BK cancels and BK cancel resets but NEVER can do this online. the 1 frame TK cancel into combo is somewhat iffy online so I don't bother with it.

Offline I do a lot of aggressive tri jumping and cross ups with Vajra assist, but online its so slow that I don't really get much out of it.

Strider's combos....make me cry.

Also, Just checked SRKs forum posts on UMVC3 online input delay....they didn't have a lot of nice things to say about it.

Personally from the viewpoint of having played this with really good people at the MSU video game club for a year, its hard to imagine people who only play this online. They are experiencing a completely different game.
---
Barrel Roll Achieved !
#2ChimeraXxPosted 8/12/2012 8:13:23 AM
Are you aware that you're posting this topic on MvC3 and not UMvC3?
---
I was hoping to come up with a question while objecting. I didnt. -Miles Edgeworth.