Can someone explain to me in explicit detail just what a "DHC glitch" is?

#1quigonzelPosted 5/13/2011 9:45:52 PM
Topic.
#2Edge4o7_Posted 5/13/2011 9:48:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCW8fYbjhqg&playnext=1&list=PL996E8C208C1428E9

man typing dhc glitch explanation into youtube was really hard
---
XBL: Edge4o7 MK9 Redgetile SFxT Rufus/Bob
SSF4 Rufus, Yun, Yang MvC3 Zero, Mag, Sent
#3Deadpool_FTWPosted 5/13/2011 9:52:43 PM
I'll try to explain it in text, but I kind of have no clue about what I'm saying.

Basically, combos have damage scaling, which is why as combos get longer, your attacks get weaker. The DHC glitch resets this. You do a basic combo and end it with a hyper combo, preferably OTG hitting, then you DHC into a move that doesn't hurt the opponent, like Wesker's counter-attack hyper, or Zero's Sogenmu. You pick off where the combo left off, and the damage scaling will be reset, and you'll be doing full damage.

Again, sorry if this doesn't make the best sense.
---
PINEAPPLE SUPRISE!
My common sense is tingling!
#4JtaniCPosted 5/13/2011 10:01:19 PM
Deadpool_FTW posted...
I'll try to explain it in text, but I kind of have no clue about what I'm saying.

Basically, combos have damage scaling, which is why as combos get longer, your attacks get weaker. The DHC glitch resets this. You do a basic combo and end it with a hyper combo, preferably OTG hitting, then you DHC into a move that doesn't hurt the opponent, like Wesker's counter-attack hyper, or Zero's Sogenmu. You pick off where the combo left off, and the damage scaling will be reset, and you'll be doing full damage.

Again, sorry if this doesn't make the best sense.

You make perfect sense. I didn't know what it was until now.
---
XBL: sierramadre
The Official Dracula Of The MvC3 Board! > "You will obey me in all things. You have no choice -- For I am the lord of vampires."
#5quigonzel(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2011 11:19:07 PM
Edge4o7_ posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCW8fYbjhqg&playnext=1&list=PL996E8C208C1428E9

man typing dhc glitch explanation into youtube was really hard

Feel better now, big man?
#6tao4Posted 5/13/2011 11:39:42 PM
There is also hit stun scaling, For example doing extremely long combos and chars will fall out. DHC glitch gets rid of that as well.
---
XBL GT: tao4
Mistah_Smoke: tao didnt omnislash sephiroth at the end of ff7
#7NickOfTimePosted 5/13/2011 11:51:18 PM
1. Do a combo ending with any super that "captures" the opponent, forcing him to go through the super in a scripted way (see: Storm's Elemental Rage, X-23's Weapon X Prime).
2. While the opponent is still in the "captured" state, DHC to anything that doesn't make your character itself physically hit the opponent (any transformation/counter, and stuff like Sentinel's Hyper Sentinel Force).
3. The opponent will be sent spinning upward in a specific and recognizable manner.
4. You can keep the combo going after this if your DHC finishes quickly enough (most of them do, at least).
5. Your damage scaling and hitstun deterioration will be reset, so it'll be like you just started a new combo. This pretty much allows you to mash two completely seperate combos together without letting the opponent escape.

is that detailed enough lol
#8mikerise81Posted 5/14/2011 5:39:54 AM
i was unaware of the DHC glitch until like yesterday, but i think i may do it on accident...

my team is wolverine/zero/ryu

if i have 3 meters, and i catch my opponent in a hyper i may go something like:

wolverine's berserker barrage hyper, the on the last hit bring in zero and do his clone hyper
then before my opponent hits the ground, i'll call in ryu real quick for the shinku hadoken. i do this so i have zero for a "double assist" for the rest of the match... but i've never noticed if the shinku hadoken does crazy damage. am i DHC glitching??
#9AlbelsPantiesPosted 5/14/2011 5:41:24 AM
No
---
Task/Dorm/Ammy
|W|E|E|D| - My anti-drug.
#10Edge4o7_Posted 5/14/2011 5:41:26 AM
No
---
XBL: Edge4o7 MK9 Redgetile SFxT Rufus/Bob
SSF4 Rufus, Yun, Yang MvC3 Zero, Mag, Sent