I still can't shake the feeling that Vanilla is better.

#1dotsdfePosted 2/14/2012 11:45:38 PM
I figured the last topic turned into the general discussion topic, so why not make a second?

From the last topic: considering learning Dormammu. Any tips, particularly midscreen combos?
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#2smasher61Posted 2/14/2012 11:47:43 PM(edited)
*Shakes Fist*

I don't have the game with me atm, but can't Dorm's new Finger Shot tele-cancel lead to fancy combos like:

cL, cH, fH, RDP-H, jHS, jMHS, cMS, jMMHS etc....? I think I once saw posters talking about a 'jump loop' he had and that could be it, but I've never gotten to try something like that so idk.
---
GT: Paralyzed Fist
U.MVC: Hulk/Nemesis/Sent; Tron/Frank/Sent; Cap/Sent/Doom
#3dotsdfe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 11:49:01 PM
I was playing in training mode earlier and couldn't really find a way to keep a combo going from dark matter -> teleports. Not really sure if I need something more there. I'll probably put more time into him tomorrow and see what I can get.
---
#4dotsdfe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 12:05:35 AM
Also, I found out that I love Storm in L3XF. Earlier, I was playing with her in training mode and found a fun combo.

cr.MH j.MMS st.S j.MH fly LMH dash H dash H dash H S qcb.* qcb.2A dp.2A
* - Typhoon range depends on where they land. I was using it in the corner, but I think I could do it midscreen and use it at different ranges.

It's a fun combo and does like 1.3~ mil. If I could hit that consistently in real matches, I could make Storm a solid anchor.

Oh, also, in regards to the topic title, FYI I do ultimately think that Ultimate is better by now....Although I still miss my old Tron. =<
---
#5mutenroushiPosted 2/15/2012 2:48:49 AM
dotsdfe posted...
Oh, also, in regards to the topic title, FYI I do ultimately think that Ultimate is better by now....Although I still miss my old Tron. =<

My new team is growing on me, but I still think I had more fun with my old team. I love Magneto, but even when there's lag I still want to do fancy combos and it just doesn't work. I also miss my old Tron.
#6busyyuuPosted 2/15/2012 5:13:23 AM
I miss the old She-Hulk. :( But I'm also slowly warming up to the new one. She's so assist dependent, I guess like the new Tron, but I'm slowly making progress with her. ^^

Overall, I'm sold on Ultimate being the better overall experience. Yeah, I'm sick of Wesker and team trenchcoat, but they're so much more managable than top tier was in vanilla. I'm also having a lot of fun just playing around with more characters, so yeah, definitely the better experience for me. ^^
---
GT: busyyuusuke
Currently playing: UMvC3, SSFIVAE2012, KoFXIII, GoW3
#7Shadow_LuffyPosted 2/15/2012 11:41:39 AM
I'm not entirely sure if you can follow up dark matter>teleport without an assist to help (actually, I don't know if you can do it period lol). I usually save DM as a way to chip my opponent are for a corner combo as either a way to cancel into flight or spells. His bnbs are still pretty good as a mid-close range combo.
---
Gamertag: xKyuubix64 PSN: Skull_Revolver64
#8smasher61Posted 2/15/2012 12:35:30 PM(edited)
Yo Dots, I got this to work:

cL, sH, fH, RDP-H, jHS, [jMHS]x2, cM,S, jMMHS, SRK-L, QCF-XX (Mash), sM

Builds the bar and does 787,400.

Edit: BTW, it's midscreen only and probably just a 'for-fun combo'.
---
GT: Paralyzed Fist
U.MVC: Hulk/Nemesis/Sent; Tron/Frank/Sent; Cap/Sent/Doom
#9sbn4Posted 2/15/2012 2:52:47 PM
Not sure how good of a corner combo this is for Dormmamu, but I use Jill and Deadpool with him sometimes.

j H, cr lmhs, air MMHS, flame carpet otg, call in jill's cartwheel kick, cr. HS, air MMHS, katanarama, F+H, dark hole, chaotic flame. I think it did somewhere near 800K damage with mashing.

That was one I came up with just a few days before I was still able to play. Is it any good?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10busyyuuPosted 2/16/2012 12:00:06 AM
dotsdfe posted...
Also, I found out that I love Storm in L3XF. Earlier, I was playing with her in training mode and found a fun combo.

cr.MH j.MMS st.S j.MH fly LMH dash H dash H dash H S qcb.* qcb.2A dp.2A
* - Typhoon range depends on where they land. I was using it in the corner, but I think I could do it midscreen and use it at different ranges.

It's a fun combo and does like 1.3~ mil. If I could hit that consistently in real matches, I could make Storm a solid anchor.

Why did I forget to comment on this? ^^;

Storm is just a great character in general. I keep hearing her called the poor manís Magneto, which I guess is true if youíre looking at rush ability, but also has way more versatility in terms of zoning and hailstorm is just fantastic as a DHC hyper. On the whole, I think I like her a lot better than Mags, but thatís probably also because I lean way more towards zoning characters than rushdown.
---
GT: busyyuusuke
Currently playing: UMvC3, SSFIVAE2012, KoFXIII, GoW3