Why do i have renegade scars? (small spoilers)

#1TrialZero654Posted 3/7/2012 3:30:57 AM
i was REALLY hoping that they had removed the renegade facial scars from this game, as i thought it was a completely idiotic addition to mass effect 2, and so far in my game i hadn't seen any

but all of a sudden, after a mission on tuchanka involving the turians my shepard has those STUPID renegade facial scars on the left side of her face... this really bothers me, as my paragon score is almost twice as much as my renegade

i've been making almost nothing but paragon choices so far, the only memorable renegade choices i've made was punching the reporter (had to) and saving the rachi-reaper-queen-thing, were those 2 events alone enough to give me those stupid renegade scars?

damnit i hate Bioware ever since EA acquired them... they used to be such a high quality developer, now they're just another cash cow for the insatiable hunger of the monster that is Electronic Arts
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#2X_Ayumi_XPosted 3/7/2012 3:44:30 AM
TrialZero654 posted...
i was REALLY hoping that they had removed the renegade facial scars from this game, as i thought it was a completely idiotic addition to mass effect 2, and so far in my game i hadn't seen any

but all of a sudden, after a mission on tuchanka involving the turians my shepard has those STUPID renegade facial scars on the left side of her face... this really bothers me, as my paragon score is almost twice as much as my renegade

i've been making almost nothing but paragon choices so far, the only memorable renegade choices i've made was punching the reporter (had to) and saving the rachi-reaper-queen-thing, were those 2 events alone enough to give me those stupid renegade scars?

damnit i hate Bioware ever since EA acquired them... they used to be such a high quality developer, now they're just another cash cow for the insatiable hunger of the monster that is Electronic Arts

You didn't fix it in ME2? I have no scars.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#3TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 2:54:13 PM
i didn't HAVE any renegade scars in ME2, i was full paragon, and while this IS an import character i started off with more renegade than paragon for some reason

HOWEVER.. i did NOT have any renegade scars until just now, about 10 hours into the game, even though my renegade score is very small compared to my paragon... these stupid scars annoy the piss out of me, in context of the story they make NO SENSE and it was just shoehorned into the game, it really takes me out of the immersion seeing those stupid scars
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
#4jivedjPosted 3/7/2012 2:57:22 PM
Sounds like you may have imported the wrong save. If you were mostly paragon last game it should have reflected that on the import.
#5nin_compoopPosted 3/7/2012 3:02:08 PM
So it would seem that even if you were full Paragon in ME2, you should still do the facial reconstruction to avoid the scars in ME3?
#6TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 7:23:38 PM
nin_compoop posted...
So it would seem that even if you were full Paragon in ME2, you should still do the facial reconstruction to avoid the scars in ME3?

what do you mean by facial reconstruction? like when you create your character? i just used the default femshep (she doesn't look bad, IMO)

the scars didn't show up until after a certain mission on tuchanka, during which i did not make ANY renegade choices, i DID however make a pretty big renegade choice on the mission PRIOR to that one (saving the rachni queen), however if that particular decision was the cause of these stupid scars, i'm wondering why they didn't show up until a whole mission later
---
#7_RichardHalpertPosted 3/7/2012 7:26:14 PM

what do you mean by facial reconstruction?

It's a medical lab upgrade in ME2 that removed the scars totally.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/111nozb.jpg http://www.faillol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/dude-dancing.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acPWA720K7s
#8The_Numbah_OnePosted 3/7/2012 7:41:15 PM
Chakwas will ask to talk to you later on. She wants to trade medical supplies with a turian in the Citadel's refugee camp. Do that mission. Then go to the Shadow Broker terminal. You can use an upgrade to get rid of the scars or an extra 5% health.
#9X_Ayumi_XPosted 3/7/2012 7:46:26 PM
nin_compoop posted...

I say that can happen.
I was 100% paragon in ME2 and maybe 80+% renegade as I'm not always nice (I got a certain nick name I'm sure is censored on here so I won't say it).
And I saw mini lines the 1st time I got my stats like that in ME2 and I didn't like it at all, so I did do the reconstruction and it was smoother than a Salarian baby's bottom.

So I think because you didn't completely remove it in ME2, it would always show in ME3 no matter what sadly.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#10TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 7:49:04 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
nin_compoop posted...

I say that can happen.
I was 100% paragon in ME2 and maybe 80+% renegade as I'm not always nice (I got a certain nick name I'm sure is censored on here so I won't say it).
And I saw mini lines the 1st time I got my stats like that in ME2 and I didn't like it at all, so I did do the reconstruction and it was smoother than a Salarian baby's bottom.

So I think because you didn't completely remove it in ME2, it would always show in ME3 no matter what sadly.

except i didn't HAVE any scars in mass effect 2, and i didn't have any scars in THIS game until quite a few hours into the game
---