What happens if I save the rachni queen? (SPOILERS)

#1XeocanPosted 3/11/2012 11:02:31 AM
I left the rachni queen alive in mass effect 1 and now i hear i'm going to have the option to save it or kill it. If I save it, will I lose Grunt and all of his squadmates? Which one is better to have for war assets?
#2DustinhtPosted 3/11/2012 11:03:20 AM
If you saved it in ME1, save it. Grunt lives.
---
"Kill all of the enemy units because their red color advocates communism. "
-Albin0
#3mudkip72Posted 3/11/2012 11:03:26 AM
If Grunt was loyal in ME2 he will live regardless of your decision. The rest of the Krogan team gets wiped out.
---
"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring.
I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." - Church, RvB
#4DracovianPosted 3/11/2012 11:04:05 AM
Grunt is a boss and will live.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#5meb7000Posted 3/11/2012 11:06:27 AM
You asked for it, so here is the answer.

If you save the Rachni Queen, she becomes captured by Reaper forces and is forced to churn out mutated versions of rachni to empower the Reaper army. During the end of her mission, you can choose to set her free, which causes Grunt's squad to die holding the line OR you can leave her to die and presumably keep Grunt's squad alive. Regardless of the choice, Grunt gets a terrific scene where he appears to die but comes out bloodied by alive. You gain Grunt as an asset either way, but you only get Rachi workers if you keep the queen alive.

I haven't run through this mission with a Shep that didn't save the Queen yet.
#6smartxalexPosted 3/11/2012 11:08:59 AM
Next question.

If you saved the Rachni queen in one, do they stay loyal to the mission or do they dip out like the Breeder queen after the crucible is complete?

Wondering if it would be worth playing through again with a save sustaining the Rachni queen.
---
Live tag: smartxalex
PSN tag: smartxalex
#7xtakedaPosted 3/11/2012 11:12:40 AM
smartxalex posted...
Next question.

If you saved the Rachni queen in one, do they stay loyal to the mission or do they dip out like the Breeder queen after the crucible is complete?

Wondering if it would be worth playing through again with a save sustaining the Rachni queen.

It is never addressed. None of the assets you get in the game matter for the "ending".
#8smartxalexPosted 3/11/2012 11:13:49 AM
xtakeda posted...
smartxalex posted...
Next question.

It is never addressed. None of the assets you get in the game matter for the "ending".

I suppose. In my original game, I killed the Rachni Queen. In ME3, I received a message on my personal computer that the Rachni fled after the crucible had neared completion.
---
Live tag: smartxalex
PSN tag: smartxalex