how exactly do you get level X weapons?

#1dicemanxxPosted 3/18/2012 5:00:41 AM
I'm on NG+ insanity difficulty, about 1/5th of the way through, level 57. My weapons capped at level V at the end of NG, and the highest they reach currently is VII (although for some reason my Avenger can go to IX in the upgrade shop).

What allows you to upgrade them further? Do I need to reach level 60 and then higher upgrades become available? Or is it something else?
#2Shin_JaegerPosted 3/18/2012 5:02:26 AM
When you find the weapon again it will gain the other 3 levels. The spectre and pre order weapons are the only ones you can get to X at the terminal alone.
#3angry_cowtipperPosted 3/18/2012 5:02:41 AM
I did it with the Particle Rifle I got from the Prothean mission in NG+. Some have weird caps, like the Scorpion, which I use a lot, I could only get to VII.
---
Mass Effect 3 (360) Uncharted: Golden Abyss (VITA) Skyrim (PC), Dungeon Defenders, Angry Birds (AND)
#4BryanPS360Posted 3/18/2012 5:04:11 AM(edited)
On NG+ you should be able to upgrade most weapons fully.
I didn't upgrade all weapons but a good number made it to X.
---
PSN: ABNTHUG210 XBL: ABN THUG 210
#5BrakkisPosted 3/18/2012 5:04:51 AM
Oddly enough, I couldn't upgrade the M-13 Raptor past VIII. It just up and disappeared from the Menu, and it wasn't there for me to grab a 2nd one in my NG+, I had to upgrade it from V to VIII on the terminal.
#6dicemanxx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 5:06:05 AM
Ah I see, thanks for the responses!

It's too bad then that I'll have to wait so long until I can upgrade the Widow and Saber. Love those guns.
#7Shin_JaegerPosted 3/18/2012 5:07:52 AM
Brakkis posted...
Oddly enough, I couldn't upgrade the M-13 Raptor past VIII. It just up and disappeared from the Menu, and it wasn't there for me to grab a 2nd one in my NG+, I had to upgrade it from V to VIII on the terminal.

Perhaps we need to reach max rank in the terminal for the weapon to spawn in the level, I can't say for certain as when I finished I went back to Me2 to change up a few things instead of a NG+.
#8KresselackPosted 3/18/2012 5:07:56 AM
Afaik, first run they cap at V. (Non-imported file) On NG+, you can buy any weapon to at least VII, the Spectre guns and bonus like CE N7s can be bought to X, the rest will gain 3 levels when you pick it up in the missions.
---
How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen Paree?
They'll never want to see a rake or plow, and who the deuce can parlez-vous a cow?
#9KarnaigePosted 3/18/2012 5:08:14 AM
It counts on MP too. Got the achievement by getting a level X Katana. But NG+ is easier. Any Alliance gun you can get it to level 10
#10DemonGrantePosted 3/18/2012 5:08:27 AM
Brakkis posted...

I had that problem with several weapons that you can find in the game.
---
Go ahead, make my day.
Laus Deo!