Revenant vs Phaeston

#1xTwilightxHeroxPosted 3/21/2012 5:13:14 PM
In multiplayer, which one do you prefer the most? The Phaeston seems good since it got buffed. I didnt use the Revenant yet but the sightly more damage it has over the Phaeston seems useful.
---
http://www.danbirlew.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/xiii.jpg
#2charon78auPosted 3/21/2012 5:15:16 PM
Turian soldier is the only class that can use the revenant well.

Turian sentinel can get by OK. The krogans can use it up close, but this is sub-optimal.

With other classes, go for something more accurate.
---
A next-gen G-Police? I would pre-order the **** out of that.
GT: Charon78
#3lalala_laPosted 3/23/2012 5:52:54 PM
When it shows that the Revenant has slightly more damage than the Phaeston, is that for each individual shot? Because with their high firing rates, that would still result in a large difference in damage dealt.
#4yoyomaster0Posted 3/23/2012 5:56:58 PM

I think its per clip. Like each clip will do 400 dmg for the Phaeston and the Rev will do 380 total. (numbers are fake just examples)

#5primusninePosted 3/23/2012 5:58:13 PM
Haven't unlocked the Phaeston, but the Revenant with my Turian Soldier is quite a sight to behold. Pop Marksman and near double the firing rate while remaining completely on target means insane damage.

Garrus calibrated my guns, you see.
#6Raziel-FreyaPosted 3/23/2012 6:02:44 PM
I use the Phaeston with my Quarian Engineer and y detroy everything in my sight :D
#7lalala_laPosted 3/23/2012 8:25:21 PM
Maybe it was because of the performance issues I was having on my computer (yeah PC user here), but when I used Revenant on my turian soldier I couldn't do crap. I scored last place, with one-third the score of the guy above me.

Think I'll give Phaeston a try next....on a lower difficulty. It also has a faster reload animation so that should be nice.