Rachni Queen Glitch

#1bassist57Posted 4/13/2012 8:16:58 AM
Alright so ive been doing my 2nd Mass Effect 3 playthrough, playing as a Renegade Vanguard, and in the first game I killed the Rachni Queen, didn't encounter the Asari in the 2nd one on Illium, and on my import list to the 3rd game, it said I killed her. However, when I launched the Rachni mission, Garrus started talking about how I let her live, and my Shepard said it was the right choice, even though I CLEARLY killed her. Is this a glitch anyone else has encountered, and are there any solutions to this? This game just seems to be full of bugs, and this one especially seems close to a game breaker. Its just gonna mess up the whole game if I encounter the real queen instead of the false queen.
---
Currently Playing: SC2: WOL, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
#2SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 4/13/2012 8:18:32 AM
SOunds like a glitch, but if you killed her in ME1, the Reapers have cloned one to breed a Rachni/Ravager army for ME3.
---
I. Am. The. New. God.
#3NLaBruiserPosted 4/13/2012 8:24:23 AM
Yup, this is the one storyline that you get completely 100% railroaded on no matter what you did in the previous games. Really sucks.

If you let the queen live...it's her the Reapers kidnap and turn into a brood mother. If you killed the queen...they magically got their hands on pieces of other rachni and cobbled the creature together. No different in how everything plays out.

Kinda sucked, but it sounds like the writers weren't thrilled with that either.
---
If you're not part of the solution you're part of the precipitate.
#4bassist57(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 8:24:25 AM
Yeah I know. My 1st playthrough I saved her and in ME3 it was her not the clone. However, in my 2nd playthrough I killed her, but my squadmates are telling me I saved her. I know there is a clone queen if you didnt save her, but I think it glitched out and is gonna give me the real queen, who I killed.
---
#5SubmachinerPosted 4/13/2012 9:45:12 AM
There is a little known bug with the imported choices. I've had it and so have others. Its where major storyline choices you made from ME1 and ME2 are changed in ME3. For example in my first play through for ME1 I killed Kaiden and romanced Ashley. In ME2, I romanced Tali.

However when I got to ME3 it told me that I killed Ashley, didn't romance anyone in ME1 and romanced Jack in ME2.

That might have happened in your case.
#6JinteisamaPosted 4/13/2012 9:53:34 AM
It did that to me too.
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/cl1qe.jpg
Not missing Jamal Crawford...
#7bassist57(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 11:08:25 AM
Yeah they really need to patch this stuff. I downloaded the recent patch, started from my save before the Rachni mission, and it did it again! This is just ridiculous that this slipped by testers, Bioware really needs to work on patching this issue.
---
#8deadpool_legendPosted 4/13/2012 11:14:11 AM
They say you saved her even if you didn't but it later turns out they're just wrong and said the wrong thing. You DID kill the rachni queen
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9bassist57(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 3:20:07 PM
Thanks for letting me know im gonna play through the mission and hopefully it'll all work out.
---
#10AnUnexpectedActPosted 4/13/2012 3:51:40 PM
NLaBruiser posted...
Yup, this is the one storyline that you get completely 100% railroaded on no matter what you did in the previous games. Really sucks.

If you let the queen live...it's her the Reapers kidnap and turn into a brood mother. If you killed the queen...they magically got their hands on pieces of other rachni and cobbled the creature together. No different in how everything plays out.

Kinda sucked, but it sounds like the writers weren't thrilled with that either.

Well at least out of all the choices that don't matter this one makes the most sense. It makes sense that with Cerberus' tech they could make a new queen out of an existing Rachni.