Yeomen Kelly Chambers where are you?

#1plambertonPosted 5/1/2012 5:22:56 PM
I finished ME2 with the entire crew and squad intact so why doesn't she appear in ME3, in the refugee camp like many people have stated? I checked the memorial on the Normandy and her name is not listed. Is my freakin' game bugged or what?
---
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 Ghz, Asus P5Q PRO Turbo , 4 GB KINGSTON DDR2, Radeon HD 5850, WD 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA HD, PCPNC 750 W PSU.
#2ViEtNoBoYPosted 5/1/2012 5:25:11 PM
Did you get her to change her identity in ME3 and have dinner with her in ME2?
---
Official Neophyte of the Disbanded Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Veterans
Gamertag-ViEtNoBoi
#3AigonrothPosted 5/1/2012 5:25:14 PM
Did you have dinner with her in ME2 and get her to feed your fish?
---
"Badassfully You Big Stupid Jellyfish"- Bubin, Mass Effect 3
Most effective does not always equate to most fun.
#4LordNobunagaPosted 5/1/2012 5:25:22 PM
Did you invite her to your cabin in ME2?
---
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#5TheDarksydPosted 5/1/2012 5:26:23 PM
I think you need to have dinner with her in your cabin for her to show up
---
Not changing until the Dolphins win anything
05-17-08
#6plamberton(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:36:57 PM
Yeah I didn't invite her to my cabin in ME2 for fear of messing up my romance with another character. I also read you don't have to do this in order for her to appear in ME3, she just has to saved from the Collector ship in time. After doing the Reaper IFF mission, I did Legions loyalty mission and then the final mission. I noticed she was alive in the cut-scene where you are busting the crew out of the pods on the Collector ship.

So if you get cozy with Kelly does it taint your other romance on the ship in ME2?

I also read in ME3, in order to save Kelly you have to tell her to change her identity before Cerberus attacks the Citadel. This is a renegade choice which I don't understand. You are suggesting something to save her life it should be paragon not renegade.
---
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 Ghz, Asus P5Q PRO Turbo , 4 GB KINGSTON DDR2, Radeon HD 5850, WD 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA HD, PCPNC 750 W PSU.
#7GeomagnusPosted 5/1/2012 5:38:55 PM
plamberton posted...
Yeah I didn't invite her to my cabin in ME2 for fear of messing up my romance with another character. I also read you don't have to do this in order for her to appear in ME3, she just has to saved from the Collector ship in time. After doing the Reaper IFF mission, I did Legions loyalty mission and then the final mission. I noticed she was alive in the cut-scene where you are busting the crew out of the pods on the Collector ship.

So if you get cozy with Kelly does it taint your other romance on the ship in ME2?

I also read in ME3, in order to save Kelly you have to tell her to change her identity before Cerberus attacks the Citadel. This is a renegade choice which I don't understand. You are suggesting something to save her life it should be paragon not renegade.

A "romance" with Kelly isn't a romance at all. It's just a fling. One-time.

As for your other question, you're asking her to save her own life at the expense of whatever help she could be giving to the refugees. So it somewhat qualifies as Renegade.
#8kaytronicPosted 5/1/2012 5:54:39 PM
plamberton posted...

Kelly abandoned Cerberus. It's safe to assume that when they raided the Citadel they kept an eye for any traitors and executed them. If you change her name, Cerberus can't identify her as easily.
#9DpancakePosted 5/1/2012 7:13:58 PM
I had a similar concern over Kelly Chamber. In the ME2 game that I imported: I was always nice to Kelly; after recruiting Samara I invited Kelly to dinner and after that she offered to feed my fish (which I accepted); after the collectors took everyone on the Normandy, I immediately went through the Omega 4 relay and managed to get everyone out alive (including Kelly), and after that I got the email stating that I could invite her up to my cabin. At the time, I was being cautious about upsetting my ME1 LI Ashley, so I never pressed the "invite Kelly" button in my cabin. Now, when playing ME3, I have managed to find Kelly, got my fish back, and told her to change her name. I managed to have two more conversations with her before the Cerberus Citadel coup attempt: first, to show off her new hairstyle, and second, to apologize for making so many reports to TIM. After the Cerberus attack, I was able to have one more conversation with Kelly, but after that, whenever I tried to talk to her, all I would get was a one sentence response. I'm guessing that since in ME2 I didn't invite Kelly to the cabin to dance for me, sit on the sofa, and lie on the bed; I won't be able to have the fling with her on the Citadel in ME3. I'm also curious if I did invite Kelly up would my ME1 LI be upset over this.

(Sincere apologies if this type of post is not allowed on this topic)
#10UnstandardwarPosted 5/1/2012 7:22:08 PM
She's dead, jim.
---
(V)0-0(V)
Official Repeaer Bnase of the ME3 boards