Best Human Vanguard Build for Gold and how to play as it?

#1imthestuntmanPosted 5/5/2012 5:24:52 PM
Ive never really liked using vanguards but keep hearing about how some people can be really good as human vanguards...

Can someone break down the gear that should be used to do this and what the ideal play style for the build is? id really like to give this class a try but would rather not waste my time and a teams trying to get it right.
#2cannabassassinPosted 5/5/2012 5:30:18 PM
imthestuntman posted...
Ive never really liked using vanguards

Don't force it then.

Inb4DONOTTAKEHALF-BLAST
---
Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
#3imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 5:31:46 PM
well i just figured i wasnt playing as it right? i figure i might as well give it a try as the ideal one and see if i like it. playing as a badly specd class the wrong way would definently contribute to not liking it...
#4Onion_MasterPosted 5/5/2012 5:33:16 PM
I'd assume it's the standard nova build that everyone uses but played conservatively with good backup. Human Vanguard really is the worst for it; The Krogan's health makes the playstyle more worth your time.
---
This is my signature.
#5FullMetalManiaPosted 5/5/2012 5:40:16 PM
To be perfectly blunt, play in Bronze/Silver to get the hang of the Manguard before you try Gold. You'll save yourself and your teammates a lot of time and frustration.

6/0/6/6/6 I think that's right. No points in Shockwave is the main concern.

Charge: Area of effect, power damage, barrier restore.
Nova: Damage, power synergy, Pierce.
Alliance Training: Weapon capacity, power damage, and either or, depending on your weapon*.
Fitness: Bottom three options (shield and health upgrades).

Any weapon with the Vanguard is for the most part superfluous*. You will literally be spamming Charge->Nova->heavy melee/weapons until Charge is ready->repeat ad nauseum for your entire career as a Manguard. That might sound boring, but I've always found it to be incredibly fun.

Zenning shows us how it's done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0S7JeHypYU (Part 1), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBePXhNnN2o (Part 2), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIg8ujqlgMw (Part 3).

I'm sure the man himself will fix any mistakes I've made and tell you more when he sees this.

*: You really want 200% recharge rate. That usually entails the Predator, Phalanx, or very high-leveled low-weight shotguns like the Scimitar or Eviscerator or a high-leveled Carnifex. Again, your main damage output, and does it ever output that damage, is spamming Charge and Nova.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#6imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 5:42:02 PM
alright thanks, that was very thorough and seems like a sound starting point. ill give it a try on silver first
#7landwingPosted 5/5/2012 5:49:45 PM
I like to use the Disciple, it can stagger the enemies long enough to prepare the next charge. Assuming its at a high enough level to have a low cooldown.
---
Kee'lah Se'lai