Bring back the Mako and planet exploration!

#1PaulAtreidesPosted 11/8/2010 5:18:01 PM
I think the reason many people didn't like it in the first game was because the planets pretty much all resembled each other and were mostly very barren. That's a critique that has merit, but I still liked it. Being able to roam freely on a planet and make discoveries, fighting enemies (thrasher maw, geth). I think they just needed to add variety to the planets and to the sky.

I would love to drive across a planet while looking at an alien sky, drive through rainfall, snowfall, etc. They just need to make sure that there's more variety.

Mass Effect 2 just seemed so closed. You just stayed in hallways, corridors, and rooms. But never a really open space. I didn't really play the Hammerhead so I can't comment on what that brought, but I missed roaming around in the Mako.

---
Animal Crossing City Folk
Friend code: 0517-2614-4354, Town : L'Etoile, Name : Reveur
#2Talking_wafflePosted 11/9/2010 1:11:37 PM
Yeah, it sure was fun spending 10 minutes inching up that unscalable mountain
directly in your way to get to one of the two different linear dungeons.
---
Michael Bay - ASSPLOSUNS.
#3PaulAtreides(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 2:33:38 PM
That's one of the problems with it in 1, that the buildings all looked alike and had the exact same layout. If they added variety, people woudn't have that complaint anymore. The thing is that they need to address the problems, not get rid of it entirely.

---
Animal Crossing City Folk
Friend code: 0517-2614-4354, Town : L'Etoile, Name : Reveur
#4SuperVegito2487Posted 11/9/2010 2:57:02 PM
and they did. they just needed more time hammerhead is quite nice, if planet exploration returns in me3 with somethng like overlord and firewalker, well that could be cool, and buildings needs to be way more exclusive.
---
"It is just my opinion though theres really no need to go spreading it around".Jeff "Joker" Moreau. Xbox Live GamerTag: SuperVegitoFAN
#5MightyMillersPosted 11/9/2010 3:57:31 PM
That was the major problem with the first in that the various planets and facilities off the main mission path where mostly the same, which they corrected in a way in the second by making all the different levels different but in doing so sacrificed the free roaming aspect.I think it would have been all if when you was on Illium and you was going to get thane you could have took a taxi that you drove yourself or something like that or just simply being able to control the space shuttle you take on missions anyway.
#6SuperVegito2487Posted 11/10/2010 12:30:52 AM
they simply didnt have the time.
---
"It is just my opinion though theres really no need to go spreading it around".Jeff "Joker" Moreau. Xbox Live GamerTag: SuperVegitoFAN
#7MooncalfReviewsPosted 11/10/2010 10:42:20 AM

If they made it interesting, I agree. Maybe they could make planets into some kind of randomly spawning level, where you can find parts, weapons, and minerals determined by a random variable consistent with the type of planet. Random enemies, random landscapes, random rewards, maybe even randomly generated caves and stuff? Would make the game last freakin years.

#8drteeth3Posted 11/11/2010 8:14:22 AM
I agree, bring back the planet exploration. Just like was said a bit earlier, fix it dont eliminate it all together. If a few planets had a settlement, a few had some other things to do (quests, special items...) it would be great. I really dont think it would take that much just a bit of variety.
#9The AppointedPosted 11/11/2010 11:06:56 AM
I agree I liked the Mako. Don't get rid of it just make it better. And not just the Mako but the planets and missions as well. Not every planet in the Universe has high peaked mountains that you have to climb vertically. But most of all get rid of the freaking Hammerhead! I hate that thing! I almost didn't do the DLC because of it. Horrible vehicle.

---
Sleep is for the weak.
#10Carribean_CoolPosted 11/13/2010 11:01:36 PM
I agree. They should have improved the Mako instead of just scrapping it altogether. Also, I liked the music during planet exploration
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.