I think the Rachni will have a big influence in ME3

#1darth_roscoPosted 12/17/2010 2:19:14 AM

I had a feeling once I freed them in ME1 that they would be back, I mean they are intelligent creatures that can travel across space and spread rapidly. Plus, we got the reminder from the Queen Rachni in ME2 that they were watching our progress.

I dunno, I justhave a feeling that when all hope is lost at the end of ME3 and the reapers are just about to destroy earth or whatever, youl just hear someone shouting "the Rachni, the Rachni are coming!!!" hehe just a little hope of mine.

#2gamefreak918273645Posted 12/17/2010 2:31:38 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious that they are going to play a part in ME 3.
---
GT- KILLER KNIGHT 1
"I also have my own achievables. See Bleep Bloop." - Caboose
#3xander70769Posted 12/17/2010 2:32:00 AM

um, so what about the people who didnt use a mass effect 1 save where they saved the rachni? they are just screwed at the end? plus that would seem lame if the rachni turned out to be the saviors of the galaxy. probably they will just contribute support, or maybe even become indoctrinated again.

#4GAM3R4LYFEPosted 12/17/2010 2:39:10 AM
The Rachni will be like Gandalf at the end of LotR 2: The two towers, I think.
---
What do you mean at least? That's like the worst case scenario. That's like getting shot and being like, "Well, at least I'm dying." Calinks
#5darth_rosco(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2010 2:43:31 AM

xander70769 posted...

um, so what about the people who didnt use a mass effect 1 save where they saved the rachni? they are just screwed at the end? plus that would seem lame if the rachni turned out to be the saviors of the galaxy. probably they will just contribute support, or maybe even become indoctrinated again.

Sorry If I wasnt clear enough, I meant that on condition that you saved them of course. Im not saying they will have a bigger influenece than other races, its just that they werent prevalent in the last game and that their entry in ME3 (if theyre alive) will be at and unexpected time and they'll swing the battle in your favour. At least thats just what Id like to see happen.

#6Aloc-AcocPosted 12/17/2010 3:14:20 AM
BW has always said that the choices you make in the game matter and have consequences to them. Also that they can and will make a difference later on. So if you saved them great you have another ally, if not they your down one ally.
#7Red_Powah_RangaPosted 12/17/2010 5:25:47 AM
I hope they become indonctrinated again. It'd be pretty crazy, considering how huge their numbers must be and how heavily fortified they probably are wherever they chose to set up shop. There were lots of Rachni on Nepmos with a gigantic series of tunnels after only two days of being on the planet, imagine what they could do over the course of a few years.

I like when games bite the player in the ass for doing what they thought was "the right thing", like in Fallout 3 when you use diplomacy to get Roy Phillips into Tenpenny Tower or in The Pitt when you decide to help the slaves.
---
"Oh bother" says Pooh, as he chambers another round.
#8dasboosPosted 12/17/2010 5:53:53 AM
What's the default choice for the Rachni if you don't have ME1?
---
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
GT - stealth finger
#9coolnessmancoolPosted 12/17/2010 2:41:45 PM
You killing them is the default choice.
---
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3057/ortonposereturns.gif
http://oi55.tinypic.com/n520yh.jpg
#10Brendon29Posted 12/17/2010 2:47:34 PM

Everyone you helped will probably play a part in defending the galaxy. Since the Rachni appreciate you saving them and don't want to be wiped out themselves they'll probably help defend the galaxy.